P&O Azura 14 Night Me Cruise 10th-24th August

hayley_bopp

Well, I'm pretty much all packed. Everything's all printed off. I've painted my toenails (twice! :34_rolling_eyes:). I've just got a manicure and a facial tomorrow morning to ease me in to the holiday relaxation before we head down to Southampton.As it's not an RC cruise, I won't blog it here. However, I enjoyed blogging my cruise on Independence so much last year I've decided that I will blog this cruise on my own (until now largely defunct) blog which you can find at https://fat-fighting-foodie.com/

I'll be visiting:

• Cadiz, Spain
  • Barcelona, Spain
  • Livorno, Italy
  • Civitavecchia, Italy
  • Cartagena, Spain
  • Gibraltar, UK

I'll also be Periscoping. My user name is hayley_bopp . Both blog posts and scopes will be intermittent as I'm probably not going to get an internet package (but never say never...).

If you've got any questions feel free to ask on here or on the comments section on my blog.

After the cruise, I'll post a review of the cruise on here comparing it to RC. Who will win...? ?

Fingers crossed the gales that are forecast to hit the south coast all day on Saturday (50-60mph gusts of wind!) don't delay our sail away for too long ?

5 hours ago, Skid said:

@hayley_bopp...love the first posting on your blog site. Seem like Mr. FFF is also Mr. BFF, as it should be. I know hardly anything about P&O, which I'm sure will change as I follow along. Happy birthday to Mr. FFF and MIL and, IIRC, recent or upcoming anniversary?

Happy (and safe) sailing!

Thanks! And yes you remembered correctly - it was our 6yr anniversary last week (18.5 years together).

Cruise day is here!

We've been out for a walk this morning to see the ships in port - Saphire Princess (which I forgot to take a picture of)

P&O's Britannia (the largest in their fleet) ,Azura (at the back) and Oriana which finished her final P&O cruise on Friday and is now in port having all of the P&O branding removed as she's been sold. 

And finally, RC's Independence. 

FYI, Indy & Azura are both facing the 'wrong' way today. I assume the captains didn't want to turn them around in last night's high winds. It's worse today though. Fingers crossed we manage to get underway today and aren't stuck in port until tomorrow...

20190810_100410.jpg

20190810_101645.jpg

20190810_101628.jpg

2 hours ago, Skid said:

@hayley_bopp, I left a comment on you blog site. First it said awaiting moderation, then I got an email verifying subscription and now my comment is gone. I guess I'll just speak to you here. Have fun!

Hmm. That's weird. I'll have a look (although I'm not particularly technically minded so not sure I'll know how to fix it! ?)