Skagway 2 tours in a day?

Darrell

Hi. We are on Ovation next week in Alaska, can't wait!

Does anyone know if it is possible to do 2 Skagway tours in the same day? We are interested in the glacier helicopter tour which is shown as 2 hours duration, and we also fancy the zip line which is 4 hours. Looking at the start times, there is 1 hour and 15 minutes window between the 2 tours.

Has anyone experience of 2 tours in one day?

i have, also in skagway, but with a different cruise line. It is doable if you are meeting in roughly the same area or an area close by where they let you off the first excursion. you have an hour to explore in between... dont forget to souveneir shop! I was with my mom, and we did a tour of the gold mining dredge with a bag of rich dirt to pan for gold, and then we did glass blowing at the specialty glass place :) it was really cool!

Yes, I did 2 RCI tours in St. Petersburg two weeks ago on Serenade.  

I was really worried about it as we had about 1 hour 45 minutes between tours and I had read traffic in Russia could be terrible. Everything went perfectly and the first tour kept to schedule.  We even had time to reload the ship for a quick snack. I think you should be ok as you've got a good break in between too.