CLASSIC SODA PACKAGE

usafun

Some of the ships don't have the Freestyle machines.  

You can get any form of soda that the ship happens to use with the soda package.  If they pour from 2-liter bottles or cans, you get that.  If they have a soda gun at the bar, you can get that.  If there's a fountain drink machine that dispenses the soda, you can get that.  And you can also use the Freestyle machine if your ship has it, but you have to have the souvenir cup to dispense soda from the Freestyle machines.  Anywhere else you can order a soda and just give them your card.

Royal does use Coca-Cola products on all of their ships.

16 hours ago, usafun said:

we are cruising with the symphony.

we need water, or sparkling water (in my country - SODA).

and i do not not think classic soda package has it (as Refreshment Package does).

Ahhh, Just enough to confuse everyone.  What you consider SODA in the USA is Soda Water, Club Soda, or Seltzer. Soda is alllll the flavored ones brought to us by Coke and Pepsis and the like. The Coca Cola Freestyle has Soda Water, Filtered Water and 125+ more options. You want Orange-Vanilla, Caffeine Free Diet Coke...they got it!!! Raspberry Spite Zero....yep. it's a MEGA soda fountain!  So the soda pkg will work UNLESS you're looking for Pierre or Pellegrino types. 

10 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

So good to hear that! I'll have much fun trying every single flavored diet coke (in France only regular and cherry zero is being sold. So weird…)

The Freestyle machines have more than just Coke flavors in diet.  Pay attention to all the "zero" flavors and you will find flavored diet Sprite, diet MrPibb, diet Mello Yello, diet ginger ale, diet Barqs (rootbeer) etc!.

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The Freestyle machines have more than just Coke flavors in diet.  Pay attention to all the "zero" flavors and you will find flavored diet Sprite, diet MrPibb, diet Mello Yello, diet ginger ale, diet Barqs (rootbeer) etc!.

YESSSSS!!!! diet mello yello is bomb!! especially when you can add flavors!! its like mountain dew... of various flavors that makes me happy

A note about the Freestyle machines...there are not that many on the ship (at least on Harmony of the Seas). There are two side-by-side in Sorrentos Pizza, and one in the largest complimentary buffet place Windjammer (and you have to hunt for it). We asked if there were more and were told only 3 places have it and I don’t remember where the 3rd place was.

Also, the cups you are supplied with the package has a chip in the bottom with an expiration date (people used to use old cups from previous cruises and they are trying to stop that - this also stops people from using the free water/lemonade cups). You must set the cup completely down on the Freestyle bottom plate in order for the machine to read your chip and become functional. Without the chip being read, the machine is unresponsive.

I don't like the taste of Coke (zero sugar) on RCCL ships which is very different from the canned and bottled versions in stores.  It's also different from those served from soda fountains on land.  I think their syrup is not from the States.  I noticed an improvement during my recent sailing on the Mariner but it was still not to my liking.

I guess I'm not only a Coca-Cola snob, but I a very picky Coca-Cola snob.

15 hours ago, RatedPG said:

I guess I'm not only a Coca-Cola snob, but I a very picky Coca-Cola snob.

Oh we are definitely related, for sure !  I purchased the UDP almost exclusively so that I could get a CANNED Coke and not have to endure that horrible Coke spewed from the Freestyle machine.  I will drink nothing before I will drink any fountain Coke.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Oh we are definitely related, for sure !  I purchased the UDP almost exclusively so that I could get a CANNED Coke and not have to endure that horrible Coke spewed from the Freestyle machine.  I will drink nothing before I will drink any fountain Coke.

that's great tip, if can be executed!

can we have coke/sprite zero from a can at the symphony?

i will hate to find out that the fountain Coke taste is extremely different on board, then what i'm used at home..

On 8/10/2019 at 8:19 AM, CraniumDrain said:

A note about the Freestyle machines...there are not that many on the ship (at least on Harmony of the Seas). There are two side-by-side in Sorrentos Pizza, and one in the largest complimentary buffet place Windjammer (and you have to hunt for it). We asked if there were more and were told only 3 places have it and I don’t remember where the 3rd place was.

I think the 3rd location is by the sports court. 

If you need bottled still/sparking, go for the refreshment package. 

21 hours ago, usafun said:

can we have coke/sprite zero from a can at the symphony?

You can ask if they will give you a can.  Typically they pour it into a glass of ice and give you the glass.

Boardwalk Dogs hasn't have glasses so with no other option they give you the can..so that's your best bet but they may have a limited stock on hand.