Reserving North Star and iFly on Anthem

We've been keeping an eagle eye out for these options to appear on the Cruise Planner, but so far we have not seen them for our Oct 10th cruise.  At what point before sailing do they typically appear?  Show reservations were open several weeks ago and I guess I thought they would show up at around the same time.  Would love to have these checked off the list before we board and not have to worry about it. 

Hi @GaCardinal, welcome to the forums (if you didn't get one already ?)!

I sailed Anthem in October last year, and if I'm remembering rightly the iFly and North Star options didn't become available until about 30 or 45 days out. Do keep checking daily or at least every couple of days, because the reservations do tend to fill up fast once they become available.

Also, if you're doing the 5-night Bermuda sailing, consider not reserving North Star online. They only make reservations available for sea days, and leave port day reservations out until people are on board; doing North Star on a sea day is frankly a bit uninteresting since all you can see is the ship and miles upon miles of open ocean. Instead, you can reserve it using the Royal IQ app once you've boarded, or at kiosks in the Guest Services area (which are also running that app). That will let you book a port day, or even a port night on the first night in Bermuda (I'll be trying for that this time around, or just getting in the standby line). Sunset is around 6:30 PM local time in October, and North Star runs until 8 or 8:30 PM.

@GaCardinal  Hi and welcome to the RCB forums.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, GaCardinal said:

We've been keeping an eagle eye out for these options to appear on the Cruise Planner, but so far we have not seen them for our Oct 10th cruise.  At what point before sailing do they typically appear?  Show reservations were open several weeks ago and I guess I thought they would show up at around the same time.  Would love to have these checked off the list before we board and not have to worry about it. 

Reservations for these are now available for my Oct 24th Anthem cruise, so you should be able to book them now.  I learned this from joining the FB group for my sailing...

I was just on Anthem in July advanced reservations were extremely limited often filling up within minutes of being available. The good news is I had no issues getting reservation once on board using the app...we had our choice of days and times.  We were able to get our first choices. Don't worry if you can't reserve in advance.