Check in app?

I logged in the other day to my Royal account just to check my reservation and see my countdown to Anthem going down and a thing popped up about an app for checking in at the port so you don't need to print anything out. I guess the boarding info is on this app, show the app at the terminal and they scan it and you board. Is that basically how it works? Which app is it? Anthem isn't a ship you can use this with correct? Thanks, more a curious question because from what I understand this isn't available for Anthem. 

The setsail pass is on the new app which is Royal Caribbean International or the old app which is Royal IQ app.

The person checking you and your group in scans and confirms that it’s you and hands each person their own sea pass  card (if they are at the terminal) or your sea pass card could be outside the stateroom door in a envelope with the names of the people on the reservation. And that is how it works with the Royal Caribbean International app, and I am not sure if it works the same way with the ROYAL IQ app, but what I do know is that with the Royal IQ app you will have to buy an internet package for the app to work onboard the ships that still use the Royal IQ app, and to use the chat feature  in the Royal IQ app you will have to pay $7.95 per device for the chat feature.

With the Royal Caribbean International app you do not need to buy an internet package for the app to work onboard the ship and the chat feature in the app is free to chat with people on the exact same ship and sail date as you once onboard and you have added their name to the chat feature in the Royal Caribbean International app.

Edited by Bakerette

1 hour ago, Bakerette said:

The setsail pass is on the new app which is Royal Caribbean International or the old app which is Royal IQ app.

The person checking you and your group in scans and confirms that it’s you and hands each person their own sea pass  card (if they are at the terminal) or your sea pass card could be outside the stateroom door in a envelope with the names of the people on the reservation. And that is how it works with the Royal Caribbean International app, and I am not sure if it works the same way with the ROYAL IQ app, but what I do know is that with the Royal IQ app you will have to buy an internet package for the app to work onboard the ships that still use the Royal IQ app, and to use the chat feature  in the Royal IQ app you will have to pay $7.95 per device for the chat feature.

With the Royal Caribbean International app you do not need to buy an internet package for the app to work onboard the ship and the chat feature in the app is free to chat with people on the exact same ship and sail date as you once onboard and you have added their name to the chat feature in the Royal Caribbean International app.

Thanks, is it available for Anthem of the seas? 

22 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes..you want to search for RoyalIQ in your Appstore:  

Apple iOS:  https://apps.apple.com/us/app/royal-iq/id916865548

Android:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.royalcaribbean.iq

Ok great, thank you so much. I have the Royal IQ app already on my phone. Thank you again, I'll look in that app. right now. 

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok great, thank you so much. I have the Royal IQ app already on my phone. Thank you again, I'll look in that app. right now. 

The Royal IQ app doesn't work until you are connected to the ships wifi, for Anthem I went ahead and printed my Set Sail pass to have, but if I remember correctly they didn't even look at them at check in, just took our Passports and checked us in, they didn't like my Wife's photo that I had loaded so they had to take another.

Truthfully once I boarded I forgot all about the APP so I can't really tell you anymore about it. 

3 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

Is there a list of the ships that now have this App up and running?  I was to know if I can text through the app with my family on the Navigator in February.  Thx. 

This was posted on the Royal Caribbean blog page in April, so it should still be fairly current.

The new app is available on these ships:

•  Adventure of the Seas
  •  Allure of the Seas
  •  Brilliance of the Seas
  •  Enchantment of the Seas
  •  Harmony of the Seas
  •  Independence of the Seas
  •  Liberty of the Seas
  •  Majesty of the Seas
  •  Mariner of the Seas
  •  Navigator of the Seas
  •  Oasis of the Seas
  •  Serenade of the Seas
  •  Symphony of the Seas
  •  Vision of the Seas

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, DragonSlayer said:

Has anyone been able to check in lately using the app? We have a trip planned for Dec. 1st on Liberty of the Sea. Every day i check and every day it tells me check in will be "available next day. It give the date of the next day. The next day i get the same message.Thanks for any info.

Mark

I was able to check in on the app for November 23rd on Adventure. I was getting the same message as you and then one day I decided to try and check in using the link on the cruise planner and I got a pop-up telling me to try checking in on the app. Lo and behold, when I went into the app there was a "check in now" (or something like that) button. It took several days after checking in before I was able to view the set sail passes but I can only see them in the app. If I go into the cruise planner and try to view them it just tells me that the passengers are checked in but the set sail passes are "pending".

20 minutes ago, DragonSlayer said:

Thanks for the reply Fiona. I will keep checking. As a fall back, i will check with my Travel agent make sure i got everything i need. 1st time cruiser here. 

You're welcome.

Checking in online is all part of the excitement in the lead-up to your cruise but it's actually not mandatory, so if the technology has a tantrum you can simply take your booking confirmation with you to the port and it will take just a few extra minutes for them to look you up on the manifest and check you in there. 

Have a fabulous 1st cruise! ☺️

2 hours ago, DragonSlayer said:

Has anyone been able to check in lately using the app? We have a trip planned for Dec. 1st on Liberty of the Sea. Every day i check and every day it tells me check in will be "available next day. It give the date of the next day. The next day i get the same message.Thanks for any info.

Mark

My app keeps pushing the check in date for my Dec 2 cruise, too, but I was able to check  in on the website from my computer at 90 days anyway.