Cococay Water Sildes weight scales

Royal Cruiser

Do they enforce 300lbs weight limit for the water slides?

Where are the scales located?

I’m 300 on the nose as i’m a power lifter so I have a decent amount of muscle and fat on me. If they go off entirely what the scale says then I need to start cutting as I’m 46 days away from the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

They do it enforce it because of the physics involved. 

A 300 lbs object can safely slide down, a 325 lbs object might go too fast and fly out in a curve.  They cap it to 300 lbs to leave a safety margin.  

When the slide company first installs a slide, they run dummies down the slide to validate the engineering data that was used to design the slide.  They run overweight dummies and underweight dummies.  Then they adjust water flow rates and repeat the process.  

It's actually pretty important because an overweight person could be hurt very easily if they exceed the engineering specifications for a particular slide.  

[at least for the slides on NAV] they have a ground scale that either lights up green or lights up red.  There are no “weights” displayed. A bit of a self-respect-saver. When Dan and I wanted to go on the little raft ride together, we got the ol’ Red light so we could not do that one together. I was too much of a scaredy cat to go alone on that one so I went down on the face-first mat slide (I bruise both knees).  After it was over Dan told me that I should have done the raft ride instead...that it was much “tamer” than the mat ride.  Figures. 

• 2 months later...

I have the same question, and would love an answer for the slides on cococay. I am anywhere between 297 and 305 depending on what I’ve eaten that day and the clothes I’m wearing. 

If anyone who has gone to cococay has an answer to if they have scales on the slides, that would be wonderful, and ease my mind. I’m trying to get to 290, but I’m stress eating worrying about this ?

22 minutes ago, Thepiratesheep said:

I have the same question, and would love an answer for the slides on cococay. I am anywhere between 297 and 305 depending on what I’ve eaten that day and the clothes I’m wearing. 

If anyone who has gone to cococay has an answer to if they have scales on the slides, that would be wonderful, and ease my mind. I’m trying to get to 290, but I’m stress eating worrying about this ?

‘Yes, they do enforce the weight limits.

• 4 months later...