Favorites at Windjammer

ashonthesea

On 8/8/2019 at 10:20 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Boy I’m gonna hear about this one....but I actually like the hamburgers in the WJ. When I’m just looking for a “bite” I usually grab one.  While they don’t look all that appealing (I’ll concede that), they taste pretty good.  

On 8/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, gmanager said:

I agree! I love the burgers and all the fixins'!

On 8/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, AshleyDillo said:

I appreciate the WJ burgers because they usually have bacon available as part of the fixins'!  Don't have to make it to breakfast hours to get my meat candy fix.

Yep ... I love me a double burger! Might finally take the triple plunge next cruise.

21 hours ago, marti314 said:

I agree with you also but why is it that the condiments are before the burgers?  Based on the typical direction of the line.  Makes it odd to put your burger on a bun then go backward to the toppings

Ugh! Always! I make a comment every time.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:15 AM, ChessE4 said:

Paella, which I've usually seen on Day 1.   Roullade desserts, which I couldn't really find on Harmony last trip, or small "chocolate sensation" desserts.  I must also vote for a made-to-order omelette at breakfast.

Oh wow, I'm so glad to hear they still have this.  My husband's favorite, we had it on Day 1 - Oasis of the Seas!  He'll be so happy ... lol

On 8/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, MelKaps said:

Is this what you are referring too? They served this on Grandeur of the Seas on one of the last sea days of a 9 day cruise. I couldn’t believe it!

7275DC75-B274-46D4-9BC3-8BF8EF212128.jpeg

OMG!  Someone please tell me they have this on Harmony of the Seas???  I love apple pie!

20 minutes ago, devbak150 said:

Is there a way to find out the WJ "theme" from the app or do you have to scope it out and walk through.  Just wondering if we can find out before hand as it might make a difference in how much we eat or don't eat in the MDR. 

It is sometimes listed in the Cruise Compass where the dining room times are for the evening.  Otherwise you can swing by the Windjammer and they will have a sign up.

45 minutes ago, devbak150 said:

Is there a way to find out the WJ "theme" from the app or do you have to scope it out and walk through.  Just wondering if we can find out before hand as it might make a difference in how much we eat or don't eat in the MDR. 

Oh wow, glad we are not the only ones who think like you do!  My husband is already planning his nightly trips to the WJ, just in case the MDR food is not up to par, or he's still hungry!  They didn't have theme nights when we cruised, or I don't remember seeing them, so he will be quite excited about this.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Sweety said:

On Adventure July 2019, they served open face Philly cheese steak. My husband had so many that I had to roll him to the cabin. I had to go back for a second lunch after that. He had the nerve to complain that I was rolling him too fast. 

Haha, he’s lucky he had you to help! Being from Philly, I’m a bit picky when it comes cheesesteaks but I’ll certainly give it a try if I see them on my next cruise ? 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, MelKaps said:

I just got back from Harmony and they had another paella pan. This time it was banana crumble. 

Hi there! Do you remember what day this was, and lunch or dinner?

On 10/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, MelKaps said:

Nope, I passed on this since I'm not a huge fan of banana desserts. I opted for coffee ice cream instead. ?

What flavors of ice cream do they have?

Just now, raahc said:

Hi there! Do you remember what day this was, and lunch or dinner?

It was day 7 during lunch.

Just now, raahc said:

What flavors of ice cream do they have?

I think it changed each day, but I've seen chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and coffee the few days I did dine there. It was a nice change because usually they only have the soft-serve by the pools.