ABC Island must do’s

Cam044

9 hours ago, Cam044 said:

I’m going on a 9 day Southern Caribbean cruise in December and I’m wondering what are some of the must do excursions in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao? My primary focus is beautiful beaches. Any tips are appreciated!

Sounds like you may be doing the same one we did last November / December. We were on Navigator but I believe it's Explorer doing that route this year?

I actually did a joint live report on it over on CC. I'm too new to this board to know if I'd be allowed to post a link to that review but I can tell you it was a fantastic cruise.

My personal favourite was Aruba, where we just caught a cab to Eagle Beach. So beautiful and one of my top favourite spots from all our cruises.

I'll be happy to provide the link if one of the Mods says it's ok to do so, but in the meantime here are a couple of pics of Eagle to get you in the mood. ?

received_767916260212052.jpeg

received_2195201353892869.jpeg

21 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Sounds like you may be doing the same one we did last November / December. We were on Navigator but I believe it's Explorer doing that route this year?

I actually did a joint live report on it over on CC. I'm too new to this board to know if I'd be allowed to post a link to that review but I can tell you it was a fantastic cruise.

My personal favourite was Aruba, where we just caught a cab to Eagle Beach. So beautiful and one of my top favourite spots from all our cruises.

I'll be happy to provide the link if one of the Mods says it's ok to do so, but in the meantime here are a couple of pics of Eagle to get you in the mood. ?

Yes, it’s Explorer we’re going on. This is our first RCL cruise and second cruise in total that we’ve done, so we’re still figuring things out. Eagle Beach looks beautiful, thanks for the pics, and if the mods say you can post the link I’d be happy to have it.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:23 PM, rjac said:

Snorkeling/scuba diving in Bonaire, the best! Beaches are pretty rocky/ coral covered. Nice beaches in Aruba & Curacao. :27_sunglasses:

I just purchased snorkel gear for everyone specifically for Bonaire. Did you go to no name beach by chance? I’ve seen something where a boat will drop you off there and you snorkel your way down to the beach and they current actually takes you. It’s not an excursion through the cruise line though, so you just have to get off the ship and make your way down to the place and buy your tickets through the company who takes you.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We did our dolphin swim in Curaçao. Ver, very good. Lots of fun things to do in Curaçao. Love that island !

I’ve been told to go to the beaches on the west coast in Curaçao. Not sure if you know anything about that? There is an excursion through RCL that takes you to the west coast, just not sure how great it is and how much actual time you get to spend at the beach.

7 hours ago, Cam044 said:

I’ve been told to go to the beaches on the west coast in Curaçao. Not sure if you know anything about that? There is an excursion through RCL that takes you to the west coast, just not sure how great it is and how much actual time you get to spend at the beach.

I’ve actually never gone to the beach in Curaçao.  I love everything else about Curaçao so I’ll bet the beaches are lovely, too.

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I've heard a lot of good things about Woodwind in Bonaire:  https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

I emailed and reserved for my cruise date and they were very quick in responding back via email.  They don't require a deposit to reserve your time.

Oh that’s great, thanks! I had found the one place, but they want to be paid upfront. Thanks for the info.

25 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Oooh, I didn't realise that was a thing (brainwashed by CC). I will do that. Thank you for the tip. ?

Will you PM me also?

I am doing an 8 night ABC cruise on Adventure in November. Researching now for things to do and must see, so would love information. 

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Cam044 said:

if the mods say you can post the link I’d be happy to have it.

2 hours ago, D_Hubb said:

Will you PM me also?

2 hours ago, Skid said:

@FionaMG, may I trouble you to please PM me the link also?

2 hours ago, Ken23 said:

Me too...if it is not too much trouble.

PMs sent. Hope I've done it right and you all get them. Thanks again to @tiny260 for suggesting it. :14_relaxed:

On 8/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ve actually never gone to the beach in Curaçao.  I love everything else about Curaçao so I’ll bet the beaches are lovely, too.

So, what do you do in Curacao if not the beaches?  We will be in Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Marteen.  Trying to decide which island do do what!  It is overwhelming!