REFRESHMENT PACKAGE

usafun

9 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

@twangsterdo it include shakes on Oasis Class Ships?

Great question.  Shakes like Johnny Rocket shakes or smoothies from the Vitality Spa?

The results of JR shakes being included is inconclusive.  Some have success, many don't.  Typically requires buying a meal at JR but that isn't absolute either.

Smoothies are typically included but that isn't written in stone and subject to vary from ship to ship or as ship management changes.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Great question.  Shakes like Johnny Rocket shakes or smoothies from the Vitality Spa?

The results of JR shakes being included is inconclusive.  Some have success, many don't.  Typically requires buying a meal at JR but that isn't absolute either.

Smoothies are typically included but that isn't written in stone and subject to vary from ship to ship or as ship management changes.

Summarize:  maybe yes, maybe no <shrug shoulders>

spring water are mineral water? if so - its fine.

but what are "drinking water"? ship water in bottled bottle ?

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The bottled water is unlimited but it is either drinking water or spring water.  It won't be Evian or any of the name brands.  Just a heads up if you are particular about your bottled water.  

1 hour ago, usafun said:

It's just water but they can't claim it comes from a spring.  But it isn't ship water..Royal orders it from an outside supplier.  I have seen a few brands show up, but none of them are the big names.  One is Ice River Springs..there's absolutely nothing wrong with what Royal serves as bottled water.  

I just have first-hand experience with picky water drinkers who claim they can taste a difference when it isn't Evian or Fiji and won't accept anything else.

5 hours ago, usafun said:

In our last cruise it wasn't Evian, but regular water, very similar to Nestle water. I guess it is an special brand that RCCL buy in tons for almost nothing. But the sparking it was either Perrier or Pellegrino and some other flavored.

15 hours ago, YOLO said:

My wife won't touch Dasani after getting it in up-state NY.

Dasani is too pricey..I've never seen that offered as the bottled water on Royal!  It is what they use for the flavored water and sparkling water in the Freestyle machines, though.  Doesn't taste at all like the bottled Dasani, though!

12 hours ago, bokx2 said:

Does every bar always have stock of the bottles of sparking and bottled water? Can you ask for two bottles at a time?

Yes..the bars typically have cases of bottled water sitting around.  You can ask for two at a time and they will usually give it to you no problem, but if they want to play by the rules they may insist on seeing two SeaPass cards that have the drink package.  

13 hours ago, Leafywing said:

Milkshakes and smoothies from the Spa bar are included in the Refreshment package.

Sounds very interesting! Provided you do not have to get an expensive spa treatment beforehand. I doubt you can just walk right in the spa and help yourself with some smoothie?

3 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

Sounds very interesting! Provided you do not have to get an expensive spa treatment beforehand. I doubt you can just walk right in the spa and help yourself with some smoothie?

As long as the spa has a Vitality Cafe in it.  Smoothies and fresh juices are included in the drink package but you can't get the protein powder additive.

Vitality Cafe also has some complimentary food items (think fruit, salads) that are grab and go.  

1 minute ago, FroggyFlo said:

Actually, I think you can just walk in and order a smoothie. I’m not a smoothie drinker so I have never done it personally, but on some ships they have smoothie bar that is only tangentially related to the spa. Anyone can go there and get a drink.

19 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

Yep, you definitely can walk in if it has a Vitality Cafe! I am obsessed with the smoothies there and I also advise you to check out some of the juices too because they can be wonderfully refreshing and are super fresh as they make them in front of you. There is one with apple, mint and ginger that was my personal favorite. Also one thing to know for smoothies that I didn't see on any signs is that besides the fruit, you can pick between water, milk or orange juice for the splash of liquid in there. 

1 hour ago, FroggyFlo said:

I'm on my way to look for a "Vitality bar" on Harmony deck plan. I don't need the "protein" part, I drink milkshakes just for the taste of them. My vitality secret is caffeine...

It's as soon as you walk in to the spa on deck 6 on the right, can't miss it.