Coastal Kitchen question

Fairlynew

I sail in 4 days!!!!  I did not receive an email from the concierge, but my traveling companion did.  She forwarded it to me (I am in charge of planning).  I emailed yesterday morning with our desired times for dinner reservations and got no response.  Is this normal?  Should I be concerned?  We are in a GS on Harmony.  Jeremias and Mohamed are the concierges.

1 minute ago, Fairlynew said:

I sail in 4 days!!!!  I did not receive an email from the concierge, but my traveling companion did.  She forwarded it to me (I am in charge of planning).  I emailed yesterday morning with our desired times for dinner reservations and got no response.  Is this normal?  Should I be concerned?  We are in a GS on Harmony.  Jeremias and Mohamed are the concierges.

Keep in mind they are on a ship serving current guests.  Sometimes they are off ship at a place like Labadee away from computers all day.  Give it through the end of day and see if they respond.

1 minute ago, Fairlynew said:

Yes, you should get a response from the Concierge. I don’t know that “concern” is warranted but it is customary for a Concierge to respond to any correspondence.  If you don’t get a response today I would ping them again. Part of their job is to help with your dining reservations before and after you board.  If you are interested in dining plans for embarkation day then you definitely want to have those set before boarding. It’s not acceptable for the Concierge not to respond.

12 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

Jeremias and Mohamed are fantastic, but they are well known for the slow response time to emails pre-cruise.  Not to worry.  Once on board, these two will take good care of you.  I would wait till the end of today and if you have not heard back, send them one more email. 

Please tell Mohamed that Sabrina said hi.  I miss him lots.  He is such a great guy and Jeremias is so funny.

Have your TA get ahold of shoreside guest services. Also, at 4 days out, we hadn't heard from Ricardo on our recent Alaska Southbound. Turns out, he sent the email 7 days out, but it got stuck in Royal's servers (imagine that! not hard, really). So, he sent it again within about an 1 hour of my TA getting ahold of Royal. I responded and had all our dinner rezis done just like that! If you don't have a TA, I don't know who to tell you to contact. TA is definitely that way to go!

I sent another email to the concierge email addresses this morning and still no response.   I also emailed my travel agent who assured me that all will be well.   We just really don’t want to be stuck with the early traditional dining.  I like traditional dining and the MDR but am eager to take advantage of access to coastal kitchen.   I am going to assume that all will work out.   If not, I’m still on a cruise and not at work!

Thanks to all for the best wishes!!  I am not taking a computer, so I won't be doing a blog-that plus I'm not much of a photographer and I am a boring person.  My plans, not necessarily in this order, are to spend the next week reading, eating, sleeping and taking advantage of the beverage package.  I have not yet packed anything, but I have loaded a LOT of books on my kindle.  I have my priorities!!!

• 2 weeks later...

First time staying in a suite on an Oasis class ship, always had a balcony on them before  ...... traveling 9/14 on Symphony in an OS .......... If we already made made my time dining reservation for 6:30 every night in the MDR  and then ask the concierge to make reservations for us every night in coastal kitchen at 630 when we get the email, do they just cancel the my time dining reservation you made for the nights?  Thanks in advance 

I am not sure.  We made our reservations very late and were assigned to the early seating in the MDR.  Once I confirmed the CK reservations, I assumed that those had been automatically cancelled.  On night 4, we got a call in our stateroom, asking why we had not gone to the MDR.  I explained that we were eating at CK.

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

First time staying in a suite on an Oasis class ship, always had a balcony on them before  ...... traveling 9/14 on Symphony in an OS .......... If we already made made my time dining reservation for 6:30 every night in the MDR  and then ask the concierge to make reservations for us every night in coastal kitchen at 630 when we get the email, do they just cancel the my time dining reservation you made for the nights?  Thanks in advance 

You can ask the concierge to cancel your MTD reservations at the same time.  They have access to all of that.  I don't know if they get cancelled automatically.  Last time we had both CK and MTD reservations I cancelled my own.  But now knowing the the concierge can access it, I just ask them to do it.