unlimited dining package bought on cruise

usafun

i think they have lowered the price and now its $175 for our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise.

i remembered from our 1st cruise, they were keep offering those packages to the passengers even after cruising.

should i expect a higher price while 1st day sail (as indicted in ship's promotions) or it might be even cheaper?

9 minutes ago, usafun said:

i think they have lowered the price and now its $175 for our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise.

i remembered from our 1st cruise, they were keep offering those packages to the passengers even after cruising.

should i expect a higher price while 1st day sail (as indicted in ship's promotions) or it might be even cheaper?

I've never seen it cheaper, but standby for comments from others.  If your plan is to skip the MDR and eat out most or all of the time, I would go for it.  We typically eat in the MDR and save the $$ for excursions.  Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

It will NOT be cheaper on board (if they offer it at all).

$175 is the standard "on sale" price for an Oasis class ship.  I highly doubt that you will see it drop below that for a 7-night cruise on an Oasis class.  

If you're not on an Oasis class ship I would keep checking for a lower price.

If you are on an Oasis class ship I would pick it up at the $175 price.  If you catch it any lower than that you can cancel and repurchase at the lower price at any point up to 4 days before sailing.  I haven't seen an Oasis class price go below $175 in a long time (since they changed the package name/terms) but if your sailing is far off the chances are the price will go back and forth between $199 regular price and $175 sale price many times before your sailing. 

If your sailing is December 2019 or later, the Black Friday sale is probably the best chance to see the price go any lower than the $175.  The package name/terms changed after the last Black Friday sale so it is to be seen whether or not they will have the lower prices this time around.

UDP can usually be boiled down to a price per person per day.  Pricing varies depending on the ship, how new or if it's been AMPED.

The range is typically $20 to $29 per person per day.

The newest ships will be at the high end of the range, like $29.

Older ships that have fewer specialty dining venues and no Playmakers will be on the lower end of the range, like $20 or $22.

Navigator that has been AMPED and has Playmakers and Hooked is often in the middle of this range, I see it for $23 or $24 depending on cruise length.

Last year around Thanksgiving the UDP dropped to $16 per person per day.  So it does go on sale, just not very often.  

Like most things in the Cruise Planner, demand or sales trends can impact the price you see for your sail date.  A guest on the same ship a week later might see a different price.

$175 for 7 nights is $25 per person per day.  For Oasis or Allure before AMP that's average.  For Oasis or Allure after AMP that's a good price and it will likely rise to $29 at some point although absent of a Hooked venue perhaps not.

Check often for price drops but once sales reach a threshold they will stop offering the UDP for a particular cruise date.  So if interested buy it and watch for price drops because once it's withdrawn it rarely appears again for that cruise date.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 7:25 AM, twangster said:

UDP can usually be boiled down to a price per person per day.  Pricing varies depending on the ship, how new or if it's been AMPED.

The range is typically $20 to $29 per person per day.

The newest ships will be at the high end of the range, like $29.

Older ships that have fewer specialty dining venues and no Playmakers will be on the lower end of the range, like $20 or $22.

Navigator that has been AMPED and has Playmakers and Hooked is often in the middle of this range, I see it for $23 or $24 depending on cruise length.

Last year around Thanksgiving the UDP dropped to $16 per person per day.  So it does go on sale, just not very often.  

Like most things in the Cruise Planner, demand or sales trends can impact the price you see for your sail date.  A guest on the same ship a week later might see a different price.

$175 for 7 nights is $25 per person per day.  For Oasis or Allure before AMP that's average.  For Oasis or Allure after AMP that's a good price and it will likely rise to $29 at some point although absent of a Hooked venue perhaps not.

Check often for price drops but once sales reach a threshold they will stop offering the UDP for a particular cruise date.  So if interested buy it and watch for price drops because once it's withdrawn it rarely appears again for that cruise date.

That's good to know, on my Radiance to Hawaii cruise they are offering it a $199 for 10 days...and the 5 day $119.

1 minute ago, Rob&Ana said:

That's good to know, on my Radiance to Hawaii cruise they are offering it a $199 for 10 days...and the 5 day $119.

But based on the number of specialty restaurants on radiance you would be at the same one or two for 10 days and nights.   Doesnt sound enjoyable...

Just now, marti314 said:

But based on the number of specialty restaurants on radiance you would be at the same one or two for 10 days and nights.   Doesnt sound enjoyable...

Yes I agree, plus with 5 sea days we could technically have both lunch and dinner...I think its just too much...we have never done more than the 5 night on longer cruises.