Sky Class on Anthem

SuZQ329

We are booked on Anthem for Thanksgiving Week in a Sky Class Suite. I know there are some perks to this... and I read a great blog on here about the Star Class. 

Do we get a special zone and guest check in at the port?

I am a good traveler and do travel for work a few times a year but are getting anxious about embarkation day at Cape Liberty. 

Any tips? Things that we should know or do as part of the Sky Class on the ship?

Suites do have a separate area in the terminal to check in and wait for boarding.  Look for the signs or ask anyone.

Cape Liberty is easy.  I'd suggest getting there shortly after 10am if you don't mind waiting for the ship to board.

Sky Class includes access to Coastal Kitchen, a special restaurant for Suites and Pinnacles members.  There are many of us that are #TeamCK and love eating there.  it's a lot nicer than the main dining room. 

There is also a suite sun deck for Sky and Star Class suites.  Your SeaPass card will be coded to open the door to the suite sun deck. 

Most Suite Concierge will send you an email a few days before your cruise.  You can reply and request reservations for Coastal Kitchen or visit there soon after boarding and make Coastal Kitchen reservations for the whole cruise, they will book up for popular times.

I agree with @twangster - it's hard to miss the signs for sky class at Cape Liberty. Once you follow the signs, check-in for suite guests is a breeze and the suite waiting area offers plenty of comfy chairs in which to relax.  I'm also an advocate for the ~ 10 AM arrival time.  Traffic around the port can start getting pretty bad past 10 AM.  There have been some occasions where the line of cars to drop off your baggage is slowed due to the port not having enough porters to handle the influx.  From what I've experienced and also read on here, the ship is usually cleared for boarding around 11 AM (although this will of course vary), so a 10 AM arrival will have you checked in and waiting comfortably to be one of the first guests on the ship.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Suites do have a separate area in the terminal to check in and wait for boarding.  Look for the signs or ask anyone.

Cape Liberty is easy.  I'd suggest getting there shortly after 10am if you don't mind waiting for the ship to board.

Sky Class includes access to Coastal Kitchen, a special restaurant for Suites and Pinnacles members.  There are many of us that are #TeamCK and love eating there.  it's a lot nicer than the main dining room. 

There is also a suite sun deck for Sky and Star Class suites.  Your SeaPass card will be coded to open the door to the suite sun deck. 

Most Suite Concierge will send you an email a few days before your cruise.  You can reply and request reservations for Coastal Kitchen or visit there soon after boarding and make Coastal Kitchen reservations for the whole cruise, they will book up for popular times.

Thank you for this great info!

2 hours ago, SuZQ329 said:

Do we get a special zone and guest check in at the port?

I am a good traveler and do travel for work a few times a year but are getting anxious about embarkation day at Cape Liberty. 

Any tips? Things that we should know or do as part of the Sky Class on the ship?

If you go through the first few pages of this blog, I took some pictures of the the suites boarding area at Cape Liberty.  IMO, Cape Liberty has a very fast and efficient boarding process.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/13683-cruising-with-greatness-–-anthem-group-cruise-–-july-4-13-2019/

As far as Sky class perks, @twangster summed it up pretty well. The major ones are access to the concierge lounge and the perks in it, all day access to Coastal Kitchen and suites sun deck, no reservations needed for shows. 

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you go through the first few pages of this blog, I took some pictures of the the suites boarding area at Cape Liberty.  IMO, Cape Liberty has a very fast and efficient boarding process.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/13683-cruising-with-greatness-–-anthem-group-cruise-–-july-4-13-2019/

As far as Sky class perks, @twangster summed it up pretty well. The major ones are access to the concierge lounge and the perks in it, all day access to Coastal Kitchen and suites sun deck, no reservations needed for shows. 

Thanks for sharing this with me. I see the line of cars in one photo... that is why I am getting there early!  Looks like you had a great cruise!  This is only my 2nd ever. We upgraded to a suite as this is the only vacation this year.  We are also getting married during the stop in Port Canaveral on Cocoa Beach. It’s going to be perfect!  We will be wearing our wedding apparel back on the ship for dinner... not time to change after the ceremony anyway. So excited. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes.  That was @CGTLH trying to show what happens if you arrive later at the port.  Both times we have arrived at Cape Liberty between 10-10:30 am and it was very easy to check in.

I made that mistake, didn't leave the pre-cruise hotel until 10, we hit the traffic at the port, probably took us 30 minutes to travel less than a mile.

Won't make that mistake again, already told DW that we are leaving hotel at 9:30 for Harmony in October, classic over compensation, lol.

My first time I was picked up at my Newark airport hotel at 10:04am and dropped off at 10:26am.  $20.76

The next time I was picked up at 9:48am and dropped off at 10:21am.  $15.87

(Lyft emails me the details that I keep for historical purposes like this)

In both cases I had to wait a few minutes for my ride to show up and in both cases the terminal wasn't too busy yet but the general seating area was pretty full already.

Next time I'll confirm the ride around 9:20am assuming I'll be picked up by around 9:30am and I'll be at the terminal hopefully closer to 10am.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

My first time I was picked up at my Newark airport hotel at 10:04am and dropped off at 10:26am.  $20.76

The next time I was picked up at 9:48am and dropped off at 10:21am.  $15.87

(Lyft emails me the details that I keep for historical purposes like this)

In both cases I had to wait a few minutes for my ride to show up and in both cases the terminal wasn't too busy yet but the general seating area was pretty full already.

Next time I'll confirm the ride around 9:20am assuming I'll be picked up by around 9:30am and I'll be at the terminal hopefully closer to 10am.  

Thanks for the advice. We are staying in NYC the night before to go to a college bball tournament to see Duke.  We are early risers anyways so I am sure we will be there by 10

3 minutes ago, SuZQ329 said:

What is the latest we can be back on? 

All aboard is typically 30 minutes before sailaway.  Just check and double check before you leave the ship what the return time is for that day.  It may be altered by a little bit for a variety of reasons.  They will have signage posted at the gangways when you leave the ship with it posted.

16 minutes ago, SuZQ329 said:

it says the ship leaves at 7. What is the latest we can be back on?  We are eloping while in Port Canaveral and just want to make sure we don’t miss the boat!!  

Wow, how exciting!

If your stop in PC is scheduled to leave PC at 7pm I would recommend making plans to be back on board a minimum of 60-90 minutes before that time.  All aboard might by 6:30pm but that is a hard be back on board at 6:30pm, not a taxi is approaching the terminal at 6:30pm.  If a taxi is late, has a flat tire, it's raining, roads are plugged by a car accident, etc. you never want to plan to arrive back at the exact moment of all aboard time.  Give yourself a buffer to account for the unexpected.  

9 hours ago, SuZQ329 said:

We are also getting married during the stop in Port Canaveral on Cocoa Beach. It’s going to be perfect!  We will be wearing our wedding apparel back on the ship for dinner... not time to change after the ceremony anyway. So excited. 

Congratulations! We took Anthem to Bermuda and were married on the island. A destination wedding via cruise ship with family and friends is the best way to do it, IMO! ?

My tip: If I remember correctly, the entrance to the private sun deck (at least one of them) is aft a bit, inside, just before the bumper cars/basket ball/etc area. We walked past it a few times LOL!

What are your dinner plans, specialty restaurant or CK? The wedding dress should be obvious enough, but definitely let them know you just got married, they will make a big deal about it :). They gave us this cake to share, even though it was the DAY BEFORE we got married, the gesture was still sweet (pun?).

image.thumb.png.bf0aac01c26900d61a336275459710fc.png

3 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Congratulations! We took Anthem to Bermuda and were married on the island. A destination wedding via cruise ship with family and friends is the best way to do it, IMO! ?

My tip: If I remember correctly, the entrance to the private sun deck (at least one of them) is aft a bit, inside, just before the bumper cars/basket ball/etc area. We walked past it a few times LOL!

What are your dinner plans, specialty restaurant or CK? The wedding dress should be obvious enough, but definitely let them know you just got married, they will make a big deal about it :). They gave us this cake to share, even though it was the DAY BEFORE we got married, the gesture was still sweet (pun?).

image.thumb.png.bf0aac01c26900d61a336275459710fc.png

Thank you!  

I will look for the private deck door. We are in an aft cabin so that will be more convenient for us. 

That is awesome for the dessert. Very sweet?

3 hours ago, SuZQ329 said:

Thank you!  

I will look for the private deck door. We are in an aft cabin so that will be more convenient for us. 

That is awesome for the dessert. Very sweet?

True story. Two years later sailed Anthem as an anniversary and forgot again. LOL. As we walked past we were quickly reminded. #thisisforty. 

Enjoy the cruise! Sailing her in September, third time. It's a great ship.