Arcade credit question

We got our kids the arcade credit for our Allure cruise.  We've heard that the arcade is only so so and some games are old.  Once we get on board and the kids find the arcade disappointing; could the credit be converted at customer service to ordinary on board credit for them to use elsewhere like Cups & Scoops or the candy shop?

I was on Allure recently. I can say for sure that the arcade was not so so, it was terrible! I’m not a complainer and this is probably the first negative thing I’ve said about a Royal experience but the arcade really was terrible. I think they were fewer than 10 games, a couple of them were price games, a couple were games for very young kids, and then there was driving game or two.

I remember the arcade being so small, that I assumed it was just an add-on to a larger arcade so I went looking for it. Turns out the closet that I was in was the actual arcade. 

If I remember correctly the arcade credit is something like 50 bucks. I don’t remember how much each game cost but what was available was not enough to hold my attention to even spend five bucks. 

13 hours ago, Leafywing said:

We got our kids the arcade credit for our Allure cruise.  We've heard that the arcade is only so so and some games are old.  Once we get on board and the kids find the arcade disappointing; could the credit be converted at customer service to ordinary on board credit for them to use elsewhere like Cups & Scoops or the candy shop?

If you don't use any of the credit you should be able to ask Guest Services to refund that purchase.  They will most likely only refund what you paid for it, so if you paid $40 for a $50 credit, they would refund the $40 as OBC.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, Ala_Paul said:

I've seen games at Playmakers and now I'm curious whether arcade credits work there. I always assumed so which is why I planned on getting $25 worth before my wife and I sale, but if I'm wrong I will definitely cancel those plans.

Did you ever find out an answer to your question? I am wondering this, as well.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, Larry Muster said:

I was on Allure recently. I can say for sure that the arcade was not so so, it was terrible! I’m not a complainer and this is probably the first negative thing I’ve said about a Royal experience but the arcade really was terrible. I think they were fewer than 10 games, a couple of them were price games, a couple were games for very young kids, and then there was driving game or two.

I remember the arcade being so small, that I assumed it was just an add-on to a larger arcade so I went looking for it. Turns out the closet that I was in was the actual arcade. 

If I remember correctly the arcade credit is something like 50 bucks. I don’t remember how much each game cost but what was available was not enough to hold my attention to even spend five bucks. 

I don't think you realized there are 3 arcades on Allure.....there are way more than 10 games.  You must have only gone to the one inside Adventure Ocean.  That being said, it's still a waste of money.  The games ranged from $1.50-$3.50 but the majority were $2.00 each.  The issue that I had were some of the games didn't work when swiping your Seapass.  Came to find out it was billing us but the games weren't starting.  I easily got credited back at Guest Services because I kept track of how many games they had actually played.