Followup-Aruba and St. Maarten

pezgirl

We just got back from a wonderful week on the Freedom of the Seas.  Since everyone was so helpful here I wanted to just share the two non RCL excursions that we did that were great.  On the advice of someone here, we rented kayaks from Caribbean Paddling on St. Maarten and went over to Pinel Island. I highly recommend this. It was great. Just enough work to feel like I did something.  We didn't explore Pinel really. Just relaxed.  Got chairs and an umbrella from the beach restaurant for $20.  It was a lovely day.

On Aurba, we did something a bit different.  My husband rides a motorcycle and has his license.  I am not the type to enjoy being on the back of the bike but...We went on a tour and rented a Harley with Aruba Motorcycles.  We had a great time.  It was a wonderful way to see the island.  

Just wanted to share and thanks again. 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:31 AM, pezgirl said:

We just got back from a wonderful week on the Freedom of the Seas.  Since everyone was so helpful here I wanted to just share the two non RCL excursions that we did that were great.  On the advice of someone here, we rented kayaks from Caribbean Paddling on St. Maarten and went over to Pinel Island. I highly recommend this. It was great. Just enough work to feel like I did something.  We didn't explore Pinel really. Just relaxed.  Got chairs and an umbrella from the beach restaurant for $20.  It was a lovely day.

On Aurba, we did something a bit different.  My husband rides a motorcycle and has his license.  I am not the type to enjoy being on the back of the bike but...We went on a tour and rented a Harley with Aruba Motorcycles.  We had a great time.  It was a wonderful way to see the island.  

Just wanted to share and thanks again. 

We cruise next May with this itinerary.  Have seen others talk about the kayaks to Pinel island.  Good to hear your review!  Did you do anything else on the island?  We are considering going to the beach with the airplanes.  Did you go to Curacao and Bonaire?  If so, any recommendations there? 

On 8/10/2019 at 4:13 PM, Lovestotravel said:

We cruise next May with this itinerary.  Have seen others talk about the kayaks to Pinel island.  Good to hear your review!  Did you do anything else on the island?  We are considering going to the beach with the airplanes.  Did you go to Curacao and Bonaire?  If so, any recommendations there? 

On Pinel, there is a small beach bar/restaurant. We just rented chairs from them for the day. The lunch wasn't great truthfully.  You can explore the island and go to the beaches on the other side. We just relaxed. I will just add that it is a very European style beach as in topless and very small swimsuits. Just putting that out there as either a warning or an encouragement. ? On Curaco, we just got off the boat and walked for a bit. It was a very very hot day (98) and I only lasted about an hour and a half.  In Bonaire, my husband and I split up. He did the Scuba diving excursion offered by RCL and loved it. I did the tour called Best of Bonnaire. I enjoyed it. It was a smallish van and a tour of the island. About three hours.  Saw lots and lots of flamingos and learned about the salt business on the island.  Hope that helps. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, pezgirl said:

On Pinel, there is a small beach bar/restaurant. We just rented chairs from them for the day. The lunch wasn't great truthfully.  You can explore the island and go to the beaches on the other side. We just relaxed. I will just add that it is a very European style beach as in topless and very small swimsuits. Just putting that out there as either a warning or an encouragement. ? On Curaco, we just got off the boat and walked for a bit. It was a very very hot day (98) and I only lasted about an hour and a half.  In Bonaire, my husband and I split up. He did the Scuba diving excursion offered by RCL and loved it. I did the tour called Best of Bonnaire. I enjoyed it. It was a smallish van and a tour of the island. About three hours.  Saw lots and lots of flamingos and learned about the salt business on the island.  Hope that helps. 

Thanks so much!  Yes, that does help!!