Are main dining room menus the same for all ships?

I assume, the region of sailing determines the availability of ingredients as well as the typical taste profiles of the average travelers in that region. Meaning to say, most menus on Caribbean sailings would be pretty similar but different from the Mediterranean ships' typical MDR menu, which in turn would be pretty similar between the ships in that region. 

On 8/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, FionaMG said:

Although some seem to be a bit more interesting than others. The ships sailing from the UK, for example, have pies and curries on some of their menus. 

Do they replace the standard menu items or are the in addition to?

2 hours ago, markm said:

I've been following the cruise compass and live blog review posts here (I know... pre-cruise excitement ?). I would say it's in addition to. The "classics" part almost never changes (these are the items you can order every day anyways), but the menu that rotates every day sometimes has an extra item specific to that region. 

3 hours ago, markm said:

1 hour ago, nyold said:

I've been following the cruise compass and live blog review posts here (I know... pre-cruise excitement ?). I would say it's in addition to. The "classics" part almost never changes (these are the items you can order every day anyways), but the menu that rotates every day sometimes has an extra item specific to that region. 

Yes, on the menus I saw from a recent Explorer cruise, they were in addition to. Those menus looked a lot more interesting than the ones I'm seeing on the app for my upcoming Adventure cruise. 

While the items on the menus are common across the fleet, the order and combination they appear can change.  If the last cruise didn't eat a lot of chicken they might adjust the menus next cruise to offer chicken entrees more frequently. 

The food and beverage manager and head chef can also adjust menus depending on how much food budget has been consumed that week.  Each cruise has a specific budget.  If they have surplus budget they will offer more expensive items into the rotation.  They don't want to to fall too short of the budget or the budget will be reduced by corporate over time.  If they are constantly $10k under budget, the food budget will be reduced by $10k.  This is why the menus listed in the Royal app are often different than what actually appears in the MDR on any given night.  

Things you learn when you take the galley tours...