Miami Hotel

DanielB

@DanielB, we have stayed at this Hilton and are booked again. Really nice,  a good restaurant, staff is great and a few shops. Free shuttle from airport and $13/pp bus to port.

Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon
5101 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami FL 33126, US
T: 13052621000

20190517_203614.thumb.jpg.8cc737b00f085c182a496bc3c38c3985.jpg20190517_192331.thumb.jpg.0c5b39562ab45e1103b78264711318ce.jpg

Edited by Skid
Added free shuttle from airport

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We stayed 3 nights last November at the Hampton Inn Brickell, which is a Hilton brand hotel. We were very satisfied with it and would definitely consider staying there again.

Plus +1 for this hotel as well.  If you are flying in it is very easy and cost efficient to use the rail system to get to this hotel.  

If you can get Hilton Downtown Miami at a good price then go for it. For some reason many hotels in Miami are very expensive and sometimes the best prices you can get on a good hotel in Miami is a hotel belonging to the Hilton chain. 

I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami in November 2018 and was pleased with the hotel. They have a very good gym with a view of the harbor. It's one of the biggest hotel gyms I have ever seen. The rooms are big and clean. Nearby there are a few bigger grocery stores where you can get some snacks and also a liquor store. The hotel is conveniently placed so you have a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal or MIA if your going home. If you get a good price on the hotel I can recommend it. The only negative that surprised me was that, even if you are staying at the hotel, they charge you 2 $ per bag if you want to leave a bag in the reception for a day. If you arrive early at the hotel and your room is not ready yet, you need to pay 2 $ per bag if you go want to go exploring the city without your bag/bags.

You can also check out Hilton Garden Inn at Miami South Beach. Stayed there in December 2018. The hotel is a bit old and the rooms are smaller but you can sometimes get a really good price here compared to other hotels in Miami Beach. And it is a short ride from the harbor. The staff there are super friendly at the reception, bar and valet. And the happy hour at the bar is priceworthy. And they store the bags for free in the reception! ?

You can also search for Gale South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton. Here you can also find rooms with a good rate.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you are flying in it is very easy and cost efficient to use the rail system to get to this hotel.  

Yes, indeed. We actually used Uber as flew in from across the pond with heavy bags, but our son came in from the West Coast to join us with just hand luggage and he used the rail system. The station is only about 100 yards from the hotel.

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

Thanks @FionaMG and @AshleyDillo.  It is actually more per night than the Hilton I am booked in, thats how I ended up at the Hilton. 

I don't suppose you have any sort of sports affiliation? If you have you could try pricing it through the MVP programme, which can sometimes work out cheaper. Link here: https://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I don't suppose you have any sort of sports affiliation? If you have you could try pricing it through the MVP programme, which can sometimes work out cheaper. Link here: https://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

Wow great rates....clicked the link to see how to join but it is a dead link right now.  I will keep checking it out.  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Rainer67 said:

If you can get Hilton Downtown Miami at a good price then go for it. For some reason many hotels in Miami are very expensive and sometimes the best prices you can get on a good hotel in Miami is a hotel belonging to the Hilton chain. 

I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Miami in November 2018 and was pleased with the hotel. They have a very good gym with a view of the harbor. It's one of the biggest hotel gyms I have ever seen. The rooms are big and clean. Nearby there are a few bigger grocery stores where you can get some snacks and also a liquor store. The hotel is conveniently placed so you have a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal or MIA if your going home. If you get a good price on the hotel I can recommend it. The only negative that surprised me was that, even if you are staying at the hotel, they charge you 2 $ per bag if you want to leave a bag in the reception for a day. If you arrive early at the hotel and your room is not ready yet, you need to pay 2 $ per bag if you go want to go exploring the city without your bag/bags.

You can also check out Hilton Garden Inn at Miami South Beach. Stayed there in December 2018. The hotel is a bit old and the rooms are smaller but you can sometimes get a really good price here compared to other hotels in Miami Beach. And it is a short ride from the harbor. The staff there are super friendly at the reception, bar and valet. And the happy hour at the bar is priceworthy. And they store the bags for free in the reception! ?

You can also search for Gale South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton. Here you can also find rooms with a good rate.

Thanks!  Appreciate the info

2 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Wow great rates....clicked the link to see how to join but it is a dead link right now.  I will keep checking it out.  Thanks!

If you're talking about the "Register Now" link part way down the page, you don't need to do that.

All you need is to already be a Hilton Honors member, which I'm guessing you probably are since you said you usually stay at Hilton brand hotels, and to be able to prove some sort of sports affiliation when you check in, in case they ask you for it (a golf or tennis club membership or something like that. I do competitive athletics, which qualifies me for it).

At some point during the booking process I think they prompt you to insert your HH number.

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If you're talking about the "Register Now" link part way down the page, you don't need to do that.

All you need is to already be a Hilton Honors member, which I'm guessing you probably are since you said you usually stay at Hilton brand hotels, and to be able to prove some sort of sports affiliation when you check in, in case they ask you for it (a golf or tennis club membership or something like that. I do competitive athletics, which qualifies me for it).

At some point during the booking process I think they prompt you to insert your HH number.

Seems very liberal but all I have is a Y membership...LOL

9 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Seems very liberal but all I have is a Y membership...LOL

I did actually hear of some people who signed up to their local (can't remember what sport it was) club because even with the cost of the membership fee they were still able to save on the cost of the hotel room with the MVP rates!