Spa discount?

Nikkoo

Hey guys,

once again thanks for all all the help, 14 days to go!!

My wife was wondering if the prices on the planner for the spa are the same as on board or if the on board prices are dynamic and she might get it cheaper if we wait?

Not my thing but she wants the hot stone massage but at £80 for 50 mins it’s a lot of money!

Thanks again ?

Nikkoo

26 minutes ago, Nikkoo said:

Hey guys,

once again thanks for all all the help, 14 days to go!!

My wife was wondering if the prices on the planner for the spa are the same as on board or if the on board prices are dynamic and she might get it cheaper if we wait?

Not my thing but she wants the hot stone massage but at £80 for 50 mins it’s a lot of money!

Thanks again ?

Nikkoo

My wife tried the spa on one cruise, and she found that there were specials once you got on the ship.  However, I can't tell you if they were the same or higher than on-line prices.  Overall, there is a substantial mark-up over "home town" prices.

I’ve had spa staff approach me while on the ship and offer me special deals if I book for that day.  Port days you get the best deals. My friend and her daughter were laying by the pool on a port day, a staff member offered then Massages for half the price she saw them for in the cruise planner. If they do not book A certain amount of appointments they will start offering deep discounts to fill spots much like the specialty restaurants.

My wife did a regular 50-minute Swedish massage that we had booked through the Cruise Planner and scheduled for early time slot on a sea day to get slightly lower price than during "prime time"; while getting her massage she was offered the hot stones as an add-on for something like $20 or maybe $40. Definitely less in total than if she had just booked a full-on hot stone massage up front.

If your wife wants to lock in a particular time slot so she knows for sure she can get her massage, this could be another option for her instead of gambling on a sale during a sea day or having to "lose" part of a port day.

Typically the onboard specials are combos deals like a massage and facial.  The cheapest prices are on embarkation day, while cheaper prices are on port days and very early or very late in the day.  You typically can see those discounts in the cruise planner.  

On 8/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Cat mom said:

I’ve had spa staff approach me while on the ship and offer me special deals if I book for that day.  Port days you get the best deals. My friend and her daughter were laying by the pool on a port day, a staff member offered then Massages for half the price she saw them for in the cruise planner. If they do not book A certain amount of appointments they will start offering deep discounts to fill spots much like the specialty restaurants.

@Cat mom  Have you seen deep discounts on specialty restaurants?  I have never seen this before.  Maybe I have never been in the right place at the right time.  We booked a 3N dining package for our OCT cruise and have not seen that price drop at all.  Where on the ship would we look?

20 hours ago, melski94 said:

Typically the onboard specials are combos deals like a massage and facial.  The cheapest prices are on embarkation day, while cheaper prices are on port days and very early or very late in the day.  You typically can see those discounts in the cruise planner.  

It is correct. In our recent cruise on Symphony Of The Seas, my wife enjoyed a head-to-toe massage offered like a special about 20 $ cheaper than the normal price. With this treatment, our on board credit ran out.

Our wives are always worried to look perfect... specially in a cruise ?

Enjoy your cruise...tic,tac, tic, tac... the day is very, very close

7 hours ago, YOLO said:

@Cat mom  Have you seen deep discounts on specialty restaurants?  I have never seen this before.  Maybe I have never been in the right place at the right time.  We booked a 3N dining package for our OCT cruise and have not seen that price drop at all.  Where on the ship would look?

I did on Anthem  it was 9 night summer cruise, lots of families with small children probably not booking Specialty restaurants so they won’t full. I think you’re more likely to see deals for these restaurants on longer for cruises, of course with the new unlimited dining plan that could change.

@YOLO watch for waiters (In their uniform) walking around the ship in public areas like the promenade carrying a clip board or a hand full of pamphlets. They are usually sent out to drum up business if they are not selling out for certain nights, that is when the discounts come out.

I usually have the Unlimited so I just tell them no thanks.

• 4 years later...

Our Symphony sailing in January will be our first as Diamond C&A members (Yay! 🤩). We are thinking of taking advantage of the Black Friday sale to book a spa treatment via the cruise planner but I cannot see anywhere to apply the 20% C&A discount.

I have also looked at the treatment in question under a linked booking for first time cruisers with whom we will be sailing and it is the same price, so it seems the discount has not been pre-applied.

Can anyone offer any guidance how to go about applying the discount?

Thanks in advance as always 😍

I'm pretty sure you cannot get the 20% discount for Diamond in the pre-cruise planner as the prices are already discounted and you can only get 1 discount; "offers cannot be combined." That's what they told me on the last cruise I was on. You're almost always better off still booking in advance than the 20% onboard. I hope this helps!

11 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

I'm pretty sure you cannot get the 20% discount for Diamond in the pre-cruise planner as the prices are already discounted and you can only get 1 discount; "offers cannot be combined." That's what they told me on the last cruise I was on. You're almost always better off still booking in advance than the 20% onboard. I hope this helps!

I suspected as much. This does help though, thank you!