Price Drop Appreciation

I received an alert that my sailing on Freedom in three months had a price drop. I have two staterooms booked. There wasn't enough savings on my interior room, but huge savings on my balcony room...and...it added OBC! I already had a pretty good deal, but this is great!

The fact that Royal honors this makes me want to book even more...and I will, while I am on board.

One option is the ShipMate app, which ties in with the price alert function on cruiseline.com.  It isn't perfect, but it's one way.  I'd love to take the time to find an API for prices one day and build my own mechanism, but the day I do that is a day I have free time that should be spent on cleaning behind the stove or something.

A good agent will alert you of drops much of the time, and that requires zero technology :-)

I signed up on several sites, but never have never received an alert for a cruise I was booked on except cruiseline.com. I received an email with a price drop alert for inside cabins, so I looked, and there was a pricing chart showing a drop in my balcony category which was steeper than the others, so I looked on RoyalCaribbean.com and compared...and the savings looked huge. I called, and I was right about the amount of savings, but was then told about the OBC. I guess it pays to look at all of the alerts if it doesn't immediately look like it applies to you. In my case, I will save about 10% on that stateroom over my original fare which I booked on a previous cruise.

Never in my 10 cruises have I been alerted to anything....price drops or upgrades.

I do it the old fashioned way of checking each day...lol.

Did the same thing (check every day) last year for my Allure cruise in january 2016 and got 2 Premium package totally free.