Cruise Compass

markm

Wondering if the Cruise Compass was published prior to sailing? If so, when and where? Going on the French Dutch Aventure abroad the Explorer of the Seas out of Southampton. It appears it is not a frequent cruise and I'm not able to locate a past compass

5 hours ago, markm said:

Wondering if the Cruise Compass was published prior to sailing? If so, when and where? Going on the French Dutch Aventure abroad the Explorer of the Seas out of Southampton. It appears it is not a frequent cruise and I'm not able to locate a past compass

They are available only on the ship, but members post some of their compasses on this site after-the-fact, as you've noticed.  I've never seen any compass published in advance.   Even the larger ships with the smart phone App are a  "work in progress" as they modify daily schedules until the last possible moment.

We just booked the same cruise for our 15th wedding anniversary.  We are first time Royal Caribbean cruisers but are gold level with Disney Cruise Lines. 

I think the closest we can get for a similar compass is the one posted for the Explorer from this past May posted on this website as at least it has Southampton and Le Havre on it?  

10 hours ago, faith0828 said:

We just booked the same cruise for our 15th wedding anniversary.  We are first time Royal Caribbean cruisers but are gold level with Disney Cruise Lines. 

I think the closest we can get for a similar compass is the one posted for the Explorer from this past May posted on this website as at least it has Southampton and Le Havre on it?  

From a scheduling perspective, your biggest decision is deciding when to eat dinner.  That is, whether you are booking a traditional seating or My Time Dining (or taking advantage of specialty restaurants).  The shows are scheduled so that you can eat dinner and still see the entertainment.  Beyond that, the cruise compass with a matching itinerary will help you determine when formal night is planned, if that is important to your arrangements.  Your port arrival/departure times should be on your booking invoice.  All I can say about Southampton is that the food caters to the UK audience, which you probably already know.  The ship is great, so have a nice cruise, and congratulations!   PS.  I now recommend that people carry off their luggage at the end of the cruise as my wife had her suitcase stolen at Southampton (and we were off the ship by 8 AM).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, markm said:

You can look at some previous ones here:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=282

This group doesn't do a lot of European sailings, so you won't find as many as you'll find for the Caribbean.   But more and more we're venturing out of this hemisphere and heading across the Atlantic so we'll hopefully be able to provide more in the future.  I'll be adding one in May 2020. 

14 hours ago, KathyC said:

This group doesn't do a lot of European sailings, so you won't find as many as you'll find for the Caribbean.   But more and more we're venturing out of this hemisphere and heading across the Atlantic so we'll hopefully be able to provide more in the future.  I'll be adding one in May 2020. 

$46 is a great price these days.