C&A points for sailing on Celebrity

It would be nice, but you at least get status level.  We're on Celebrity for the first time in October.  We have Elite status with 0 points.  Only 750 to go for Elite Plus!  ?  

Celebrity has a different system in which you earn points, which does not correspond in any way to Royals.  My lowly 97 points from RCCL is peanuts in the whole scheme of things, I'd be at their second lowest level, Classic, which is 2-149 points.  

When we do sail, we're in Aquaclass, which will earn us 6 nights x 5 points per night based on class, a whopping 30 points.  A drop in the bucket...we'll make Diamond Plus long before we even get out of Classic, if it wasn't for reciprocal status! 

• 3 weeks later...

I did read some comments somewhere that someone asked Michael Bayley about this same topic and he said they were looking into unifying the loyalty programs across all the Royal Caribbean International brands.

Does anyone have info or comments on this?

I don't think I would be in favour of this. While on the surface it sounds like a good idea it would ultimately devalue the loyalty program as there would be many more people at higher levels in the scheme. The cruise line would then need to make it harder to obtain different levels as it would be to easy go get points.

You saw the same thing with airline loyalty schemes where they made it easier to earn points from credit cards and other sources. As a consequence they had to increase the number of points you needed to get a free flight.

6 hours ago, F1guynz said:

I don't think I would be in favour of this. While on the surface it sounds like a good idea it would ultimately devalue the loyalty program as there would be many more people at higher levels in the scheme. The cruise line would then need to make it harder to obtain different levels as it would be to easy go get points.

Ditto.  I am not sure this would be a good idea at all.  I see more cons than pros.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, Rob&Ana said:

I did read some comments somewhere that someone asked Michael Bayley about this same topic and he said they were looking into unifying the loyalty programs across all the Royal Caribbean International brands.

Does anyone have info or comments on this?

It's never going to happen.