Perfect Day at CocoCay Thrill Waterpark Age Restriction

tarrkid

Hi all!

Cruising this September with my wife's family. It'll be our first time at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Our 15-year-old son will be with us.

We had planned to get him a pass for the Thrill Waterpark, and he could spend the day with his 26-year-old cousin, while my wife and I just hung out on Chill Island.

But today, I discovered that RCCL states:

Thrill Waterpark guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to enter the park, and while inside the park.

Does anyone know how strictly they enforce this? I suspect they hold a hard line on it. Should I just abandon my plans to go to Chill Island and get myself a Thrill Waterpark admission as well?

They enforced it with me last time i was there, seems like you might be ok with the 26 year old cousin though as an adult.

In my case they said "need to have an adult with them" rather than "a parent or legal guardian".

Honestly this rule irritates me much more than it should .... my teenager can ride the slides on the ship unsupervised, can use the pool and hot-tub on the ship unsupervised, can go on the flowrider, rock wall, ice rink, etc. without me once i sign the initial waiver .... but he cant go in the waterpark by himself? I have to pay to go in and sit at a table while he runs around by himself ...

Thanks for the replies.

The cousin and his friends were planning to get a Thrill Waterpark Cabana, and they need three more, so with my wife, my son, and I, that'll work.

She and I won't do much except maybe the wave pool, but we'll have the cabana to relax in. :27_sunglasses:?

6 hours ago, tarrkid said:

Thanks for the replies.

The cousin and his friends were planning to get a Thrill Waterpark Cabana, and they need three more, so with my wife, my son, and I, that'll work.

She and I won't do much except maybe the wave pool, but we'll have the cabana to relax in. :27_sunglasses:?

That was our answer, we got the Thrill Waterpark Cabana so whoever wants to do the slides can and the rest can relax.  Since the waterpark tickets come with the cabana we felt it was a pretty good deal.

interstingly i just went to look at the cabana option and the verbiage for it and the day pass to the waterpark now reads ...

All guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed guest of age 14 or older to enter. 

Not sure if it literally just changed or if it out of date, but hitting print screen and taking that sucker with me since mine are both 16 ...

It's helpful they changed the age to 14, but at the same time it's still stupid because their onboard Teen program begins at age 12.   So my 13 year old can basically run around the ship with his new found buds all day and night (until 1am) and do whatever he wants with no problem, but I can't buy him a solo ticket for the water park..... makes no sense but whatever.....he doesn't want to hang out with his mom either way so he's still running around the island on his own, they just won't be getting any extra money out of it.   Won't be long before they lower it to 12 I'm sure.  

4 hours ago, Angela R said:

It's helpful they changed the age to 14, but at the same time it's still stupid because their onboard Teen program begins at age 12.   So my 13 year old can basically run around the ship with his new found buds all day and night (until 1am) and do whatever he wants with no problem, but I can't buy him a solo ticket for the water park..... makes no sense but whatever.....he doesn't want to hang out with his mom either way so he's still running around the island on his own, they just won't be getting any extra money out of it.   Won't be long before they lower it to 12 I'm sure.  

They've matched Disney's water park policy.  A ship and a water park are different.

Likely some legal reasoning behind the decision as well.