Dune Buggy/Jeep Snorkel Tour in Cozumel

SLJ

Hi Cruisers,

I'm looking into the Dune Buggy/Jeep Snorkel Tour in Cozumel and wonder if anyone here had done it before. Right now we're leaning towards doing the jeep instead of the buggy mainly because I don't know how to drive stick.

For those who have done it, how was your experience? 

We have a 3 and a 6 yo and wonder if their child seats are sufficient.

Who would you recommend I book with? ie: shoreexcursioneer, etc? 

Thanks

On 8/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, SLJ said:

Hi Cruisers,

I'm looking into the Dune Buggy/Jeep Snorkel Tour in Cozumel and wonder if anyone here had done it before. Right now we're leaning towards doing the jeep instead of the buggy mainly because I don't know how to drive stick.

For those who have done it, how was your experience? 

We have a 3 and a 6 yo and wonder if their child seats are sufficient.

Who would you recommend I book with? ie: shoreexcursioneer, etc? 

Thanks

My Sister & I went on the Dune Buggy tour in 2017.  We loved it.  The dune buggies carry 4 people and they do make you share if you only have 2 people.  They are stick shift.  You do drive through town then on the main road out of town (not crowded at all) to the other side of the island.  The other side of the island is gorgeous.  They stop for about 45 min. at a beach then back on the road.  There is another beach stop back towards town for a longer period and you can snorkel, swim and get something to eat.  On this tour they have one guide in his buggy/jeep at the front all the buggies one by one then the 2nd guide bring up the rear.  

Not sure about the child seats.

We booked through RCCL because things can happen.  We did a similar excursion with Carnival a few years before had a blast but our dune buggy broke down on the ride back to town (we had to ride back in the open jeep (fun) with one of the tour guides). 

dune buggy tour.jpg

We did the jeep tour in Cozumel a NUMBER of years ago on the Enchantment, and we booked straight through RCCL.  We had an absolute blast the whole day, and the lunch on the beach was great, too.  I would say that it was definitely a top 5 trip for my wife and I.  As is the case with most of these tours, the guides themselves make or break the experience; a great guide can make a mediocre experience memorable, and a bad guide can make a great trip kind of "meh," but most of the groups that work directly with the cruise lines themselves are pretty good.  We didn't have kids at the time, so I can't comment on the car seat situation.  Sorry.  ?