Shaky of the seas

Shaky

If you have a family and or a lot of luggage I would definitely look into the LYFT XL or SUV.  If you have a family of 4 with 4 large suitcases and some carry on's you will find it impossible to fit it in say a PRIUS if thats what picks you up.  What's even more troublesome these days is the fact that half of the drivers have the trunk partly full of their own stuff already which leaves less room.

"Car hire" is not a North American term.  My interpretation of a car hire is a rental car - you take possession of vehicle on a short term contract and someone in your party drives it.  Is that what you have in mind?

If so you will likely need a "mini van" car rental to accommodate six plus luggage.

Florida is somewhat the car rental destination of America.  So many options.  Like asking "I need a hotel, where should I stay"?   So many options.

Since the term "car hire" does indicate you aren't from the US, the easiest thing will be for you to rent a car at one of the agencies that are close to the port and offer a shuttle to pick up the rental.  And yes, the category you will need for that many people is a mini van.  I would recommend also that the drive go and retrieve the car on the shuttle and return to pick up the rest of the party back at the port because there is likely going to be a lot of luggage to deal with and it's much easier to send one person on a shuttle than 6 plus luggage.

Most of the major rental agencies do offer the shuttle service for Port Everglades, so research prices and find the best fit for your timeframe.  Remember if you pick up at the port location instead of at the airport location you may have to an additional fee if you don't return it to that port location.  If you want to drop off your rental car at the airport before a flight, you may want to rent from the airport to begin with and in that case I would recommend just Lyft or Uber XL your party to the airport to pick up the rental car.  

Thrifty/Dollar, Avis, Budget, Hertz, Alamo all have locations right near the port.