Anniversary Decorations on Symphony

KimS

Need Help Fast!   LOL, I know this has been discussed before, but not able to find "IF" the staff will put up our 40th decorations for me before we get onboard??                                                            

We leave August 17th, & I really want everything to already be set up before we get there. I did see a "Cruising" on with our 40th on Amazon… thought that was cool, but it was a note book!!                             May just take the cover off, cuz like that Saying.

I sure appreciate ANY help on this! I "may" get those neat pillow cases I saw a few of ya had from Etsy, maybe too late….. but at least  would like to have everything else set up. 

Thanks again for any help. I see where I can purchase them, but wanna make sure they halve them already put up, or IMO it just wouldn't be worth doing it with the hubby right there! 

Thanks❣️

KimS

You can always get decorations from a party store and put magnets on the back of them for your door or in the room.  I know you say you want them up before he gets there, I have sent mine to take care of a "dining check" to make sure the table is good at 1 pm so that I could take things to the room and then I decorate while he is busy.

The only way to really have the decorations taken care of is to order them through Royal on the cruise planner.  I would sneak off and put them up yourself if you can get away with it like @AnnetteJackson  suggests.  She's quite the expert with the cabin door decorations ?

If you can't do it for the initial entry to the cabin, maybe later on in the cruise send him ahead to meet you for breakfast and then you decorate and leave the room.  That way he'll be surprised when you get back later.

I have ordered the Bon Voyage decorations for one cruise and the Birthday decorations/cake on another cruise.  The description said they would be in the cabin on Day 1.  That didn't happen either time.  I had to go to guest services, explain things, show them my email confirmation, wait while they made numerous phone calls to other departments, etc.  Both times they did finally deliver decorations to the room, but both times they were still incorrect.  In one case they delivered the wrong decoration package, even after detailed discussion with Guest Services.  The other time they failed to deliver all of the amenities.

Royal usually makes things right, but these were frustrating experiences, especially when I was trying to surprise my spouse.  Both times Royal ruined the surprise aspect and I ended up paying for stuff that I didn't get.  That's just my experience but I'm done with ordering any more decorations through Royal.  I'd suggest doing it yourself, as others suggested above.

1 hour ago, Galveston Steve said:

I have ordered the Bon Voyage decorations for one cruise and the Birthday decorations/cake on another cruise.  The description said they would be in the cabin on Day 1.  That didn't happen either time.  I had to go to guest services, explain things, show them my email confirmation, wait while they made numerous phone calls to other departments, etc.  Both times they did finally deliver decorations to the room, but both times they were still incorrect.  In one case they delivered the wrong decoration package, even after detailed discussion with Guest Services.  The other time they failed to deliver all of the amenities.

Royal usually makes things right, but these were frustrating experiences, especially when I was trying to surprise my spouse.  Both times Royal ruined the surprise aspect and I ended up paying for stuff that I didn't get.  That's just my experience but I'm done with ordering any more decorations through Royal.  I'd suggest doing it yourself, as others suggested above.

UnReal! Geese, that must've been frustrating. Maybe I should call Guest services ahead of time? But I may just not bother it. 

You would think they'd know that you "obviously" want them put up ahead of time. Thanks SO much for your input. I sure will be re-thinking this whole decor idea! We're probably gonna be together since our 1st time on this boat, so will maybe just stick with taking a card. Sorry that happened to you. I actually went & talked to my spouse, cuz He had already said he didn't even want them to bring a cake to the table! Wants to keep it just low key. We just heard someone had 2 suites for a large family next to each other a few months on "Allure" & Royal got it all messed up, needless to say, they won't be going on Royal anymore. So the hubby said He'll just be happy if we get the right suite & it's all clean! I "may" order some pillow cases or magnets, etc…."Maybe!!" 

Thanks Again,

KimS

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The only way to really have the decorations taken care of is to order them through Royal on the cruise planner.  I would sneak off and put them up yourself if you can get away with it like @AnnetteJackson  suggests.  She's quite the expert with the cabin door decorations ?

If you can't do it for the initial entry to the cabin, maybe later on in the cruise send him ahead to meet you for breakfast and then you decorate and leave the room.  That way he'll be surprised when you get back later.

UGH….. Whelp, if they can't put up the decorations ahead of time, I'm probably not gonna bother…. but will check out @Annette.Jackson to see some ideas, but think I'll just keep things simple. Thanks for your input❣️

KimS

We had cake on our anniversary night at our table. They do include so discounts if you want a spa treatment and I think there was a personal photo shoot (still need to pay for the photos though lol). We never bothered with decorations but I think I might surprise my wife with something on our next cruise (also on our anniversary, kind of a tradition now). I think I will do something myself when she is occupied. I normally do the final packing anyways so would be easy to sneak stuff in the suitcase ? lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the concierges & asked, knowing how extremely busy they would be, if there’s anyone who could put up the Anniversary package before We go into room. 

They were so nice & YES!! The decorations would be up before we walked into room. 

Of course will report if it all works out! But it does look like it’s pretty possible they will, if not......you can hopefully hide decor under bed & put up when your souse is asleep or when not in the room❣️

Good luck to you too & Happy Anniversary also!!

KimS

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 7:09 PM, SteveBailey31 said:

I would like Strawberries dipped in chocolate four of them and alcohol free champagne. And our room decorated for 18th anniversary.

please 

Tammy Bailey 

Hi Tammy - welcome to the blog forums!

This site isn't run or affiliated with Royal Caribbean, but you can go into your Cruise Planner and book these things for your sailing!  Congrats on the anniversary!