First Alaska cruise

BTE

Do you know which pier you are sailing out of? We sailed on Ovation and left out of Pier 91. We sailed out of there and the Uber drop off was about a 10 minute walk to port. They do have a shuttle I believe if you don’t want to walk it. We didn’t find it to be too much of a hassle. I second bring binoculars. We got to port at 930. It was a bit disorganized but we were first sailing from that port for the year. 

1 hour ago, packercruising said:

If you were sailing from Pier 91, is there a reason Uber didn't drop you off there?

From what I've seen in various trip reports is that the rideshare dropoff/pickup isn't immediately at the pier but requires you to follow a walkway to the rideshare area.  The taxis are allowed to get closer to the pier.

Our Uber was directed by the traffic directors to the rideshare drop off. There was a lot of yelling at the Uber/Lyft drivers trying to get them to drop off at their drop off area. It really wasn't much of a hassle to walk. We had rolling luggage and the walk did not bother us. Taxis are allowed to drop off in front of port. We did hear that the later in the day you arrive the worse the traffic gets in and out of port. We arrived early and the traffic was smooth sailing going into the port. Enjoy your cruise. It's one I'd do over in a minute.

4 hours ago, packercruising said:

If you were sailing from Pier 91, is there a reason Uber didn't drop you off there?

Our Uber was directed by the traffic directors to the rideshare drop off. It is a designated area by the port. The drop off area is inside the port area but still about a 7-10 minute walk to the ship/boarding check-in area. There was a lot of yelling at the Uber/Lyft drivers trying to get them to drop off at their drop off area.

14 minutes ago, Livinlucky247 said:

We're going on the 9th too! Ovation of the Seas? 
I went about 15 years ago and am SO excited to do it again! Definitely bring the binoculars...and a good camera...and a raincoat! 

Cool     got them

On 8/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, BTE said:

Sailing Aug 9th. What time should I get to the port that morning? I'm flying into Seattle on the 8th. Also any tips or things to know for an Alaska cruise. Thanks

I’d get there a lot earlier than it says, we went on an Alaska cruise & land tour 15 yrs ago & it was amazing!!! Enjoy❣️ I’d be there at least 2 hrs before boarding time.

I just got back from that cruise last week. I would get there early as it is quite congested and boarding was the most unorganized I have ever seen. They are boarding 2 ships ( Celebrity is boarding on one side of the room and Ovation on the other side)at the same in that terminal and it can be difficult to hear the announcements. Celebrity started boarding first but it felt like 90% of the people on the Ovation side got up and headed for the doors. They just stood there for about 15 minutes and then they opened the doors and people just started going no matter the priority level.