Next Cruise Offer

12thman

Just got access to my edocs and there’s a flyer offering 300 discount or onboard credit for the category we are considering for our next cruise. That doesn’t seem like a good offer. Got more than that for my up coming cruise. Does the Next Cruise office on board ship offer better deals? What are the pros and cons of using Next Cruise program?

Personally I regularly use Next Cruise and have been very happy with the results

- The past few years I've been sailing almost exclusively in Asia and Australia/South Pacific. These regions have far fewer sales and promotions, so Next Cruise is sometimes our only shot at either a deal or decent OBC. (Also no kids, so the KSF promotion doesn't help us anyway)

- If you go to Next Cruise after having done some research, with specific requests, they are always pleased to help you -- every single time I get "wow, you really know what you want! That makes it so easy!" and then they're super helpful with the small details. 

- Once, we actually won the $500 off our current cruise bill that they offer for booking early! After that, they pretty much have you hooked into booking the first day! haha!

Next cruise will give you a great deal on your upcoming cruise, but dont leave it there...... continue to check to see if other promotions apply to the cruise you booked.  Royal is hoping that you book once and not touch it again until you pay the final and go on your cruise.  Some offers cannot be combined with the on board offer, but you can compare to see which one works best for you and adjust.

I found it a hit and miss. The one person we spoke to wasn't great help either. I had wifi so I brought up the current price while I spoke to them and I could get a much better deal online then they were offering. If you do it I would suggest transferring it to a good TA who can make sure they give you price adjustments down the line. (I have also seen on FB people being denied repricing with non-refundable so may be something to ask the next cruise desk)

15 minutes ago, LetsTryThisPlace said:

I found it a hit and miss. The one person we spoke to wasn't great help either. I had wifi so I brought up the current price while I spoke to them and I could get a much better deal online then they were offering. If you do it I would suggest transferring it to a good TA who can make sure they give you price adjustments down the line. (I have also seen on FB people being denied repricing with non-refundable so may be something to ask the next cruise desk)

Didn't even think about this. Suites are nonrefundable as far as I know. If that's true then it's a no go on Next Cruise offers.

6 minutes ago, 12thman said:

If that's true then it's a no go on Next Cruise offers.

I haven't had first hand experience, its just what I've seen and something to look out for. But the Next Cruise people should be able to give you full information. If you don't have Voom make sure to take some research with you with questions to ask.