Cruise Planner Un-sale

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Does anyone know how it works when you cancel your previous drink package and add the new deal once it's been paid for? Do they make another charge for the total amount of the new package and refund the other? 

When you cancel a CP purchase, they completely cancel that transaction and refund the card originally used to make that purchase. I usually see the credit refund on my card in 3-4 business days. When you then re-purchase the item, it's a completely new transaction. Sometimes the credit refund hits your credit card on the same day as the new purchase!

Unfortunately, they do not make adjustments and credit you back the difference with Cruise Planner purchases. Even when I called customer service one time to cancel and re-book a cabana, they had to cancel the first transaction and then create a new purchase.

18 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

When you cancel a CP purchase, they completely cancel that transaction and refund the card originally used to make that purchase. I usually see the credit refund on my card in 3-4 business days. When you then re-purchase the item, it's a completely new transaction. Sometimes the credit refund hits your credit card on the same day as the new purchase!

Unfortunately, they do not make adjustments and credit you back the difference with Cruise Planner purchases. Even when I called customer service one time to cancel and re-book a cabana, they had to cancel the first transaction and then create a new purchase.

@Nick, just to add to this, if you made the original purchase using on board credit, that OBC will appear back in your account immediately upon cancellation and available to use for your new purchase.

1 hour ago, cdixon22 said:

Just a heads up - I checked my cruise planner today and apparently there is an unannounced sale because all the drink packages are cheaper than the most recent advertised sale.  Go figure but it pays to check often as @matt says.

On my cruise planner the internet packages are down too.

No change to the dining packages or excursions but those could still follow on so it definitely pays to keep checking.

I just wish they'd chop a bit of the post-cruise excursion I've got my eye on and which budged a cent since I booked the cruise away back in February! :57_cry:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I missed out on the last sale they had not too long ago because I only added the package to the cart and didn't actually purchase it. Unfortunately no on board credit for our upcoming cruise but thankfully I saved a little by reordering the package with the new sale. Thanks again for the help everyone! 

Hi everyone!   My family is going on our first RCCL cruise on Navigator in December.  Can I ask what the normal cost is for the  unlimited dining package and beverage packages?  My husband and daughter want soda package but my oldest son wants the deluxe drink package.  Do you know what the normal costs are?  I'm in the planner now and the soda package is 8.99 per day and the deluxe drink package is 49.00 per day.  Unlimited dining package is 106.00.  Any advice is welcomed!

6 minutes ago, Newtocruising said:

Hi everyone!   My family is going on our first RCCL cruise on Navigator in December.  Can I ask what the normal cost is for the  unlimited dining package and beverage packages?  My husband and daughter want soda package but my oldest son wants the deluxe drink package.  Do you know what the normal costs are?  I'm in the planner now and the soda package is 8.99 per day and the deluxe drink package is 49.00 per day.  Unlimited dining package is 106.00.  Any advice is welcomed!

From what I've seen lately the deluxe beverage package has ranged from 47 to 56 dollars per day. If your oldest son is booked in a room with other adults, they will also have to purchase the deluxe drink package as well online. It will automatically add each guest when you add the package to the cart. Calling them may yield a different result though. 

2 hours ago, cdixon22 said:

Just a heads up - I checked my cruise planner today and apparently there is an unannounced sale because all the drink packages are cheaper than the most recent advertised sale.  Go figure but it pays to check often as @matt says.

It must have happened within the last 3 hours.  I was just on the site a short while ago.  YIPPEE !!!

DBP went down to the usual $52/day that I've seen on every other sale. Still waiting for the elusive 30% off that should bring it down to $49/day.

It's especially tough for me because I got the Refreshment package for a never-again-seen $17/day on Black Friday. That's a low enough price that with my usual fresh OJ and two cappuccinos a day, I'm already around $13-15. Throw in one bottle of water and I'm golden.

And I also found the Le Volte Tuscan red that I loved so much on Freedom last year at my local wine seller, for $25 a bottle (vs. $60 on board, or $18 a glass). Thinking I'll just be bringing my bottle of that along with a bottle of something else like Sasyr and call it a day. At that point I'll just be paying for after-dinner Irish cream coffee and a poolside cocktail or two each day, nowhere near worth the DBP.

15 minutes ago, Newtocruising said:

Can I ask what the normal cost is for the  unlimited dining package and beverage packages?  My husband and daughter want soda package but my oldest son wants the deluxe drink package.  Do you know what the normal costs are?

The cost varies by ship and specific sailing. Most here are seeing the prices noted by @Nick, but some are seeing as high as $60/day. The lower end of the range seems to more often be $49-$52/day of late, where the $49/day price is for 30% off, while $52/day is the typical BOGO50 offer. For sure you'll want to buy ahead of time if you think you will make good use of it, as onboard pricing is significantly higher (around $70/day).

Anyone know from past years, what typical sales were like on Black Friday?  Our Adventure keeps yo-yo-ing back and forth between $62.50 and $66.50 CAD (which would be $47 USD - $50 USD).  It would be worth it for DH but not for me...but would love to have it on the cruise DH and I are on without our kids just for being able to order a drink without thinking about it.  But even at $47 USD, it's still a bit high.  Do you think it would drop lower?  (Then again, who knows if any Black Friday sales this year after the $18 mix up)

After deciding the day after the last sale ended that I wanted the DBP I was waiting on the next sale, we cruise in less than 3 weeks!! It’s down to £41.04 which is less than $50 so I suppose the cheapest it’s gonna get ? that’s over £100 saving for 2 of us for 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up.

nikkoo

16 minutes ago, joshvc said:

Anyone else regularly get sale e-mails that don't actually show up in the cruise planner? I know sales vary by sailing, but I'm starting to think that the emails do not (I got one today, but there are no discounts in the planner).

Royal always send you and email about the sale but I don't think it really sale. The prices of everything list on the cruise planner always up and down, the best thing to do is to check often as you can. 

5 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

DBP just came down 3 dollar per day on SOS. we are now to $46 per day 

The price on my dining package on Anthem next Feb went down from $229 PP to $176 PP. While still high, this is the first time I’ve seen it lower than $199 PP. I’m sure it’s high due to Wonderland <shudder> and the fact that it’s 8 days vs 7 days.

21 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The price on my dining package on Anthem next Feb went down from $229 PP to $176 PP. While still high, this is the first time I’ve seen it lower than $199 PP. I’m sure it’s high due to Wonderland <shudder> and the fact that it’s 8 days vs 7 days.

That looks like a good deal to me.  My 9N Oct Anthem UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) has been sitting at $225 and the 3NDP (3 Night Dining Package) has been at $99 and holding steady.  These prices are the same as my past 9N Jun Anthem cruise.  I don't ever see the discounts you all write about here.  BOO HOO  ?

1 minute ago, YOLO said:

That looks like a good deal to me.  My 9N Oct Anthem UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) has been sitting at $225 and the 3NDP (3 Night Dining Package) has been at $99 and holding steady.  These prices are the same as my past 9N Jun Anthem cruise.  I don't ever see the discounts you all write about here.  BOO HOO  ?

Hang in there. I trust you will see a reduction at some point.  Check often !

1 hour ago, DanielB said:

I thought some might recall past black friday sales....of course there is no way of knowing.  

It completely varies by cruise and what Royal decides to apply to it. I can tell you that in my case, last Black Friday netted me a crazy good deal on the Refreshment Package ($17 pp pn) and 2-device VOOM ($17.99 per night). I have never seen the prices dip that low since then. And that was for a sailing that was just under 11 months out.

Apart from that, nothing at all -- Zero discounts at that time on either the Deluxe Beverage Package or any dining packages, and there were no or very few excursions even being offered at that point. Even if the excursions they had were offering a good discount, I wouldn't have known; for Bermuda sailings with an overnight like this one I never buy them because it's so easy to just do it all on your own.