Specialty coffee on Anthem of the Seas?

No Starbucks on Anthem but La Patisserie on the Esplanade serves Starbucks brand coffee.  Anthem also has specialty coffee in the Windjammer and at Cafe 270 which is either illy brand or Seattles Best.  All three will take the punch card.  You can also use the punch card at any dining room or restaurant that serves espresso-based coffee drinks for a charge.

The coffee card is a punch card and can be shared among people.  Some ships consider each espresso SHOT to be one punch, so a larger size drink made with two shots would be two punches.  Some ships don't do it that way and just punch once per drink and it wouldn't matter if it was small, medium, large, tall, grande, or venti.  Not sure how Anthem handles it.

BUT..if you have either the Refreshment Package or the Deluxe Beverage Package, the specialty coffees are included with that package.

• Matt changed the title to Specialty coffee on Anthem of the Seas?
2 hours ago, Cool cruiser said:

Hi all, three short questions. Is there a starbucks on the Anthem?  What is the price of a specialty coffee?  Is $31 a good deal for 15  specialty coffees?  I assume it is a punch card.  thanks, Sharon

I find the coffee card a good value, and the latest Cruise Planner for my cruise stated you are entitled to 15 drinks for your vacation.  I found I liked a traditional double espresso in the morning and an iced latte in the afternoon, which worked out great for a 7N cruise.  I don't buy the other beverage packages, so there wasn't "overlap".  Enjoy your cruise!

On 7/31/2019 at 6:26 PM, ChessE4 said:

I find the coffee card a good value, and the latest Cruise Planner for my cruise stated you are entitled to 15 drinks for your vacation.  I found I liked a traditional double espresso in the morning and an iced latte in the afternoon, which worked out great for a 7N cruise.  I don't buy the other beverage packages, so there wasn't "overlap".  Enjoy your cruise!

I am a coffee addict and like good coffee.  Where in the cruise planner can I purchase this? Or is it something I can purchase on the ship.  Is this only for espresso drinks? Or for coffee in these locations too. I a, not purchasing a beverage package but definitely need coffee and good ones at that!

2 hours ago, SuZQ329 said:

I am a coffee addict and like good coffee.  Where in the cruise planner can I purchase this? Or is it something I can purchase on the ship.  Is this only for espresso drinks? Or for coffee in these locations too. I a, not purchasing a beverage package but definitely need coffee and good ones at that!

The coffee card doesn't apply to Starbucks, but I've been on smaller ships (Grandeur) where you can get equivalent "premium" coffee with the coffee card at Cafe Latitudes-- better than the Seattle's Best coffee which was served elsewhere for free.   I didn't look for premium coffee on the Harmony, just espresso drinks.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping this old post.  The refreshment package includes "Premium Coffees and Teas" and the Cafe Select Coffee Card includes "specialty espresso-based coffees". What does this mean?  Can the refreshment package be used for Starbucks coffees and teas (non-espresso-based) on the Anthem in La Patisserie?  Thanks in advance...

25 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Sorry for bumping this old post.  The refreshment package includes "Premium Coffees and Teas" and the Cafe Select Coffee Card includes "specialty espresso-based coffees". What does this mean?  Can the refreshment package be used for Starbucks coffees and teas (non-espresso-based) on the Anthem in La Patisserie?  Thanks in advance...

I can't speak for Anthem specifically, but I would first read the small print at the bottom of the page when you pull up the Cruise Planner... here is the last line when I look at the Coffee Card:

image.png.4e52f74c1bb04710bd03059735db0e3b.png

This confirms what I've heard in the past, but knowing Royal I bet there are exceptions!

Generally, it covers specialty coffees in any other restaurant or in the Cafe Promenade, Central Park Cafe, etc., but not an actual Starbuck's store onboard.

Bottom line... do you know if Anthem has an actual Starbuck's store (not likely covered) or if they just serve Starbuck's in one of Royal's cafes (likely covered)?

3 hours ago, YOLO said:

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

I used it last October. A few times a day with the Refreshment package.

3 hours ago, YOLO said:

Hi Ellcee,  can I ask if you used it for Starbucks brand coffee and/or tea - just to be sure?

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

Yes. This was October '18 though so who knows.

My wife and I used our refreshment package two or three times a day at La Patisserie for Starbucks cappuccinos, lattes, and sometimes even a straight-up espresso shot. You'll be totally fine there to get your SBUX fix. ?