Bringing Beverages On Board

We sail in less than two weeks on HoS.  I have read conflicting things about bringing beverages on board.  Some places say yes, some say no.  I am hoping to bring on 12-16.9oz bottles of water and two bottles of champagne.   #1 Can I bring all this?  #2 If I can bring- do I have to bring it in a carry-on or can I check the bag with this in it?  #3 If I have to bring in a carry-on, can I put all that in one piece of luggage?

Thanks in advance.  We have sailed before, but never brought our own beverages.

1: Yes! this has been clarified by Royal recently. My only caveat is that we haven't done it yet- we're also sailing very soon and will have assorted sodas, waters, and wine within their limits with us.

2: Has to be in a carry-on, sort of. From what I've seen here, if it's in the checked bag, it'll get held by security. They don't search your stuff quite like TSA does, they'll make you come down and open your bag and show that it's permissible stuff. 

3: Not sure on this one, but probably? Might be a heavy bag, but I think it should be ok.

The blog post with confirmation: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/08/28/royal-caribbean-now-allowing-guests-bring-non-alcoholic-beverages-onboard

You have to carry it all onto the ship.  It can go in a suitcase on wheels that you will drag onto the ship and keep with you until your room is ready.  

if you do end up accidentally checking that bag it will be delayed in being delivered to you and they will, as @joshvc explained, make you open up your luggage to show the items are allowable beverages.

Also remember this allowance is per cabin, so hopefully you can split the beverages amongst others in your cabin up to lighten a single load.

They allow 2 bottles of wine or champagne per cabin, however, my travelling companions and I have always carried on 2 EACH and they've never said a word.  This was out of Port Canaveral so I don't know if they enforce this differently elsewhere but I imagine it's a cruise line thing, not a port by port issue.   I've never tried to carry on a whole case of water but I do bring a water bottle full of heavy whipping cream for my coffee every cruise and again....no issues.   

2 hours ago, Angela R said:

They allow 2 bottles of wine or champagne per cabin, however, my travelling companions and I have always carried on 2 EACH and they've never said a word.  This was out of Port Canaveral so I don't know if they enforce this differently elsewhere but I imagine it's a cruise line thing, not a port by port issue.   I've never tried to carry on a whole case of water but I do bring a water bottle full of heavy whipping cream for my coffee every cruise and again....no issues.   

It depends on who is checking the bottles of wine.  They don't really stop and keep track of which room you are carrying the bottles on wine on.  If you arrive an hour ahead of your other cabin mate, they don't check off your cabin as already having its allowed 2 bottles through.  They don't require an entire cabin to board at the same time and everyone can arrive to the port separately.  But the policy is 2 bottles per cabin, so it's best to stick with that allowance as to not get any confiscated if they do enforce it in any way.