More questions!!

Nikkoo

Me again!

The closer we get to our first cruise the more questions that are popping up!

When they push the 2 beds together to make the “royal” double how big actually is it? We like a king or bigger and the best nights sleep we ever had was in an Emperor size bed (7’6” I believe).

We don’t have the key and are meeting family at one port, how long after the booked time for disembarkation should we tell them to meet us? 

On the explorer are movies only shown on the outdoor screen? I read somewhere they had an indoor one somewhere. 

Its hard as as there is so much info out there but you’re never sure when it is written and if it’s still accurate!

you guys have been so helpful, not long until our cruise now ?

Nikkoo

Hi, I try and answer a few of your questions.

1. When the beds are pushed together, they are about the size of a queen size bed, although I haven't measure them.  Just basing it on appearance.

2.  Port Disembarkation:  generally you are cleared to leave the ship 1/2 hour after the ship docks/arrival time.  So i would tell them to meet me 45 min to 1 hour after the ships arrival time.  A lot of that would depend on the port, so telling us what port you are meeting them would perhaps give you a better estimate.

3.  Movies, can't help you there, haven't been on the explorer yet and don't watch much tv when on board.

5 hours ago, Nikkoo said:

Me again!

When they push the 2 beds together to make the “royal” double how big actually is it? We like a king or bigger and the best nights sleep we ever had was in an Emperor size bed (7’6” I believe).

We don’t have the key and are meeting family at one port, how long after the booked time for disembarkation should we tell them to meet us? 

On the explorer are movies only shown on the outdoor screen? I read somewhere they had an indoor one somewhere. 

Its hard as as there is so much info out there but you’re never sure when it is written and if it’s still accurate!

Nikkoo

Beds together; about a queen size. 

I would estimate about 1 hr after docking would be a good guesstimate to meet family when getting off the boat. 

On some of the boats, they will show movies on both the outdoor screen and sometimes in the theater/studio area. You should be able to check some recent cruise compasses to see what is playing on your boat, and where they show it. 

Have fun. 

6 hours ago, Nikkoo said:

Me again!

Nikkoo

Here is the link to deck plans for the Explorer, so you can explore!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1906/02

Explorer of the Seas has an outside movie screen.  I don't remember an inside one, and I didn't see it on the plans.  Explorer is Voyager class, and Radiance class has inside cinemas.

7 hours ago, Nikkoo said:

Me again!

Nikkoo

Update - on a recent cruise a matinee movie was also shown in the Palace Theater.  @vanelli56 made this point already, but it's not the cinema on the Radiance class. 

3 hours ago, DandA said:

Hi, I try and answer a few of your questions.

1. When the beds are pushed together, they are about the size of a queen size bed, although I haven't measure them.  Just basing it on appearance.

2.  Port Disembarkation:  generally you are cleared to leave the ship 1/2 hour after the ship docks/arrival time.  So i would tell them to meet me 45 min to 1 hour after the ships arrival time.  A lot of that would depend on the port, so telling us what port you are meeting them would perhaps give you a better estimate.

3.  Movies, can't help you there, haven't been on the explorer yet and don't watch much tv when on board.

We are meeting them in Gibraltar if that makes any difference. Never been so no idea how big but heard the island / peninsula is quite smalll?

thanks for your help ?

33 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Here is the link to deck plans for the Explorer, so you can explore!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1906/02

Explorer of the Seas has an outside movie screen.  I don't remember an inside one, and I didn't see it on the plans.  Explorer is Voyager class, and Radiance class has inside cinemas.

Thanks for that. We’ll have an explore tonight, tough on a phone ?