CocoCay

Kingk92

So, we are leaving on the Harmony of the Seas on August 11th. Just two of us both being 27 y.o. and not big on the water park scene.

My question is there other things for us to do? Would it be better for us to just stay on the ship if we aren't into water parks?

Thanks!

CocoCay has other options, depends on your interests.

Zipline - decent if you have always wanted to try one "to see how it works" but not all that impressive compared to others we have seen/done.

Jetskis - tried one for the first time at CocoCay, enjoyed it, glad i did it, wouldnt do it at Coco again though. It was very "follow the line, do what you are told" which was fine for a first time out but wouldnt interest me as much if i was an experienced rider.

Beach - lots of beach if you want to just sit and relax (although South Beach is currently out of service which worries me as it was the best part of Coco for me).

Lagoon Pool - gorgeous pool, great if you either like loud pounding music or bring earplugs.

Personally having been a couple of times this year, the only thing that interests me is South Beach but everyone has different priorities and interests.

7 hours ago, Kingk92 said:

So, we are leaving on the Harmony of the Seas on August 11th. Just two of us both being 27 y.o. and not big on the water park scene.

My question is there other things for us to do? Would it be better for us to just stay on the ship if we aren't into water parks?

Thanks!

No! You would be missing out! My wife and I did a 3 night Mariner of the Seas cruise back in May... just so we could go to see and hang out at Coco Cay. We were there the 2nd weekend after if 'officially' opened. It was great. Not like the other ports where you have to fight the crowds from other ships, plus the maze of locals trying to braid your hair and rent you a scooter. You just walk off the ship.... and go relax, swim, drink, etc. 
While we were there, we didn't plan any excursions or anything like jet skis or the zip line... we just walked around to scope it out, then went to one of the beaches for about an hour to sun and swim. (there were some people there snorkeling on their own... seemed to be having fun). Then we found some loungers/umbrella close to the pool and pool bar. Hung out there for another few hours swimming, sunning, and partaking of some adult beverages. Also, played in the 4 on 4 beach volleyball competition. Then went to one of the 'snack shacks' for lunch... GREAT chicken sandwiches there! When we were ready to head back to the ship, we did walk through the larger buffet area to check it out... looked like they had a nice selection as well. 

Trust me.... what Royal has done with Coco cay, is the best thing going in the Bahamas right now. Its what people are looking for when they think of a tropical cruise. Usually you have to pay for an excursion at other ports just to have something close to this. Be sure to check out some of the daily cruise compasses that are loaded here on Matt's site... and you can see most of the activities planned while you are at Coco cay, so you can have a better idea of everything that is going on. 

Cheers and have fun. 

While the waterpark part of its pretty much all you hear and see about CocoCay now(as they take your $ for these things)..you can still enjoy roaming around, the beach, swimming, pool, swim up bar, floating bar etc just to name a few things.

I would defn plan on getting off to check it out, even if you don't stay long. With a dock now instead of having to tender its much easier to get in and out quickly.

I would just get off and look around at least. The buffets are such a step up from what they used to be !  If nothing else, just take the shuttle ride around the island, get off somewhere for lunch and then go back.  The huge fresh water pool in the middle of the island is free so just go for a dip or hang out there for a while.  Lots to see and do without paying for the water park or renting a cabana.

13 hours ago, Kingk92 said:

Thanks!

Other folks have given you a long list, but you can also snorkel off the beach.  You can rent equipment or bring your own.