What can you do after boarding the ship

I definitely recommend getting there before the 12:30 check in time, since it is only a suggestion. We had a 1:30 check in time and was on board by 11:10.... Definitely get there EARLY! 

What ship are you sailing on, that will help us help you?

Obviously, Food and drinks are available, if you bring your swimsuit you can use the pools and hot tubs... I find there are quite a few tours as well. 

1 minute ago, doubleJ said:

@FloridaCruiseGirl1210 We are sailing Sunday out of Port Canaveral.  Harmony of the seas!!  Super excited.  We have only been on a much smaller class ship out of Galveston.  Will be 12 of us in total.  Good to know on only a recommendation as my brother's says 3PM check in. 

oh yea no definitely get there as early as possible. I recommend as early as 10am. 

3 minutes ago, doubleJ said:

Good to know on only a recommendation as my brother's says 3PM check in.

Muster drill will most likely be after 4pm if there is a 3pm check in, I think they have to wait an hour from that time but others can confirm. Going to Port Canaveral can have delays so I would give yourselves plenty of time if your not staying close by.

Since you're on Harmony, a good tip is to avoid the Windjammer for lunch as it will be a mad house on embarkation day. Go to Park Cafe or Sorrentos Pizza or one of the other complementary venues for lunch, and enjoy a kummelweck sandwich, couple of slices, or one of the other items offered.

Also, consider checking your regular carry-on bag when you get to the port and just carrying around a small backpack. Load that up with swimsuits, sunscreen, camera, and any other essentials for enjoying the pool and other areas, and not having to worry so much about someone having to watch the bags and miss out on the fun. Unless that person's idea of fun is enjoying a cocktail while sitting on a lounger and doing nothing else; then that person just volunteered for bag watching duty. ?

26 minutes ago, doubleJ said:

@FloridaCruiseGirl1210 We are sailing Sunday out of Port Canaveral.  Harmony of the seas!!  Super excited.  We have only been on a much smaller class ship out of Galveston.  Will be 12 of us in total.  Good to know on only a recommendation as my brother's says 3PM check in. 

We are also sailing Sunday on HOS !!!!! We plan on getting there around 10am. Our check in time says 1, but no one tells me when I can or can’t board- we’ll actually they can haha but they won’t make us wait til 1:) Super exciting- only a few more days to go:)  Cococay here we come!!!!!

2 hours ago, doubleJ said:

We have a 12:30PM check in time.  Are the pools open at this time?  I know the muster drill is like 3:45PM.  Just curious what you can do during this time as the room are not ready for a few hours.  

If you check a previous cruise compass for your ship, you will be able to check Day 1 hours of operation for specific activity areas and eateries.  That will give you an idea of what you can do while you are waiting and where you might eat if the WJ is too crowded for lunch as noted by @JLMoran .  Some venues might be 11:15 while others are 11:30 or 12:00.

For first-time cruisers on the Harmony, they typically have a video about 2:30 that explains the various areas of the ship and kills a bit of time before the muster drill.

Get on the ship as early as possible..she is massive and will prob take you a cpl days to get used to and familiar with her. The earlier the better. Its a great chance to explore and get a feel for the ship before it gets crowded.

Eat, drink, play, swim, socialize are all things you can do as soon as you get on....luggage is often in the rooms starting around 1pm if that's a concern for you.

Those first 4-5 hours are some of my fav times of the whole cruise...the excitement, drinks, meeting ppl..its a party atmosphere on the pool deck area!