Deep Seas Fishing in Cozumel - Not RC sponsored

CDunninTX

We are planning on an outside excursion in Cozumel with a highly recommended family owned company. We've done this before with another group and it was a total dud.

My question is if we have a good catch of fish, would Royal Caribbean allow us to bring it on the ship to be cooked for us?

Just asking, I know restaurants would do it but was wondering what Royal's policy would be and if anyone has asked or encountered this. TIA

Also, not sure if this topic should go under the "excursions" group. Please advise.

5 minutes ago, CDunninTX said:

We are planning on an outside excursion in Cozumel with a highly recommended family owned company. We've done this before with another group and it was a total dud.

My question is if we have a good catch of fish, would Royal Caribbean allow us to bring it on the ship to be cooked for us?

Just asking, I know restaurants would do it but was wondering what Royal's policy would be and if anyone has asked or encountered this. TIA

Also, not sure if this topic should go under the "excursions" group. Please advise.

Not even all restaurants allow it. It really depends, both on individual restaurant policy as well as health code laws in the location where the restaurant is.

I'm curious to see what official answers are, but my GUESS would be no for two reasons - (a) food safety issues, because that fish (of which the cruise line doesn't really know its origin) will inevitably be coming in to contact with other products, and (b) it is essentially bringing food on to the ship and then leaving the country, which may or may not run in to customs issues.

2 hours ago, Zacharius said:

Not even all restaurants allow it. It really depends, both on individual restaurant policy as well as health code laws in the location where the restaurant is.

I'm curious to see what official answers are, but my GUESS would be no for two reasons - (a) food safety issues, because that fish (of which the cruise line doesn't really know its origin) will inevitably be coming in to contact with other products, and (b) it is essentially bringing food on to the ship and then leaving the country, which may or may not run in to customs issues.

Excellent points but from living in West Palm for 10+ years, our experience is restaurants around the ocean front and intracoastal waterway would cook the fish for us. I will check in with Royal directly. Thanks for the response.