Port Canaveral

Depending on how many of you there are, you might could consider renting a car and driving the 45 minutes.  There is no one way drop off fee in Florida, and there are several hotels in the area that will pick you up from the rental car locations.  Hertz is actually within walking distance to Country Inn and Suites, Residence Inn and Homewood Suites.

We sail out of Port Canaveral in 12 days and I have rented a SUV from the airport and will return it to the Enterprise right next to the port.  We are staying overnight at Radisson Resort at the Port in Port Canaveral and will be needing a vehicle that day before we board the ship (a larger size SUV is running us apx $100).  Otherwise I would have gone with www.goport.com.  They say they only charge $14.99 pp one-way or $29.98 pp round-trip to/from Port & Airport.

I also recommend the one way car rental.  That way you have the use of the car all day and into the night for eating, site seeing (Cape Canaveral !) or doing whatever you want.  As Annette sad, if you use Hertz and stay at the Residence Inn you can return the car after they close for the day, walk 20 steps to the hotel (Hertz and the hotel share a parking lot) and catch the hotels shuttle over to the port the next morning.

5 hours ago, ExcitedCruiser0517 said:

We are planning on a cruise Feb 2020 on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. I have looked into transportation options from Orlando airport with GoPort Canaveral and wanted to know what other forms of transit/companies were used by previous cruisers. Thanks

We went out of Port Canaveral in April 2019 and used Cortrans Shuttle Service. They were great. They picked us up at our hotel and then at the end of the cruise they took us from the port to the airport. We had a group of 10. Great service and a lot cheaper than using the shuttle service through the Harmony of the Seas. At that time we paid 40 roundtrip per person. Have fun.

its depends on everything from budget to how many of you to what your plans are the day before/after the cruise...flight times etc. As someone who has done it many times and am doing it again In Nov I can make some suggestions. But need to know more information to give you whats going to be the best/easiest/cheapest......unless money is no object then you don't need to even ask.

I was looking at Cortrans and they have excellent reviews.  This will be the first time on RCC and first with alternate transportation.  We have rented a car for our DCL the last 3 times, but this time we are leaving on Labor Day so none of the car rentals are open.  Does anyone know what time I should choose for Cortrans, it is either 9:30 or 10:30.  Don't want to arrive too late, but don't want to stand in line outside of port if hot and not open yet either.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, devbak150 said:

I was looking at Cortrans and they have excellent reviews.  This will be the first time on RCC and first with alternate transportation.  We have rented a car for our DCL the last 3 times, but this time we are leaving on Labor Day so none of the car rentals are open.  Does anyone know what time I should choose for Cortrans, it is either 9:30 or 10:30.  Don't want to arrive too late, but don't want to stand in line outside of port if hot and not open yet either.  Thanks!

Sometimes the rental companies offer after-hours drop off for days that they are closed.  I haven't used it in Port Canaveral but I have used it at my local rental agency.  I know the shuttle wouldn't be running but you could drop off your party and luggage and then drop off the car (keys in the after hours drop box) and then Uber/Lyft back to the port.

Try to confirm the after-hours drop off exists in PC and I came across Budget IS open Labor Day 8-2pm if you are looking for a rental company.

5 minutes ago, devbak150 said:

I would choose 9:30 am.  The ride there is approx 45min and most terminals open by 10 am if not earlier.  That should get you there with plenty of time for boarding.

Please come back and do a review of Cortran's if you end up going with them.  I would love to hear about it.  I'm thinking of using them for our cruise out of PC in December 2020.   I will have a group of 14 with me.