Currency exchange on board ship?

rtread

We'll be on Explorer next year for the 9 day Greek Isles cruise, leaving from Civitavecchia. I'm trying to think out the money issues and how and when to convert US$ to Euros. Can that be done on board ship at all? I plan on taking some Euros with us and I know the banks in Rome will convert....there is a banca in the same block as our hotel in Rome. It seems more convenient to do it on the ship if possible....??

@rtread Go through your bank or a bank that has foreign currency to get the best rate. Then use ATM in Rome if you can. This way there are no fees (check your bank first to make sure of that). This is what I came up with when I was in Italy last month. There's already a not great exchange rate, why pay fees on top of this. I do see you're leaving next year so who knows what dollars to euros will be in the future.

The bank idea is best just note that it might take a few days for your bank to 'order' the Euros. They should also be able to convert extra Euros back to dollars when you return.

I also bring credit cards with no foreign transaction fee and use them as much as possible to save currency and any ATM fees overseas.