Missing scheduled shows?

I am concerned about missing shows.  I have 6:45 my time dinning and the shows start around 8-8:30...   6:45 is the earliest I can choose so my question is first will I make it to the shows and second how can I choose earlier eating times and if I can how and what time should I choose?

You can always choose to eat elsewhere, Windjammer or specialty dining, if there is a particular show that you are worried about missing.  Also, there is a late show, which is generally around 10:00 PM.  Lastly, you may be able to reserve an earlier time on board for a particular day, or wait in the "no reservation" line.  A lot of people don't choose to do MTD everyday, so there are openings.

3 minutes ago, LaVerne2003 said:

I am concerned about missing shows.  I have 6:45 my time dinning and the shows start around 8-8:30...   6:45 is the earliest I can choose so my question is first will I make it to the shows and second how can I choose earlier eating times and if I can how and what time should I choose?

My experience is that if I tell the wait staff when I need to leave for the show, they make an effort to get me out in time.  I can't recall missing a show.  One hour 15 minutes is doable to arrive at 8:10 (allowing "travel time" on a large ship of 10 minutes).  I also agree with @GA Cruiser about using other dining venues.  (In the MDR, one can always skip dessert since other venues offer sweets.)