Nassau/Atlantis

jake1004

Going in August for a special trip.... stopping in Nassau.... again.

We have been so many times, we've never felt the need to get off in Nassau again, but wondering if we are missing anything by not doing the Atlantis waterpark for the day.

Anyone been and have any thoughts on this? TIA!

We did an Atlantis dolphin visit + waterpark day last year, and frankly weren't impressed with the water park. The rides were good, but there aren't really enough of them and the lines were looooong, even on a random weekday. I haven't been to Coco Cay since the Perfect Day opening, but I suspect it will be as good or better than Atlantis' waterpark. 

That said, the dolphin interaction was great and we'd do that again for sure, and the aquarium they have in the hotel there is pretty incredible.

We did the Aquaventure excursion for Atlantis in June when we stopped in Nassau. We LOVED Atlantis!!  We did make a few first-timer mistakes that I would do differently when we go back. Here is my take away on Atlantis...

1. Hit the water slides FIRST!  When we first arrived at Atlantis it wasn't crowded at all. This is the time to hit all of the water slides!  We made the mistake and went to the beach first. By the time we made it to the pools and water park area it was very crowded.  There is a pass that allows you to skip the lines. I didn't know anything about this before we went or I probably would have spent the extra money on it for my son. 

2. Yes, food and drinks are expensive. But where are they not expensive at a resort like Atlantis?!?

3. The excursion was supposed to start at 9:00a. We did a lot of standing around and waiting on transportation. It was 10:00 by the time we made it to Atlantis. Online it said the excursion times were 9-2:00. We were told when we arrived that it actually ended at 6:00!  We were happy to find out we had 4 more hours than we originally thought!  Our ship did not leave until 9:00p so maybe this is why we got so much more time?

4. Although it was really crowded around the main pool/slides, there were still plenty of chairs and areas without huge crowds. We explored the grounds in the afternoon (after lunch). We discovered many areas that were not crowded at all!  The resort is huge!  If you are having trouble finding a chair, maybe try a different pool! 

5. Yes, the Atlantis aquadventure excursion is expensive. I watched the prices in my cruise planner and waited to book when it went on sale. I ended up getting it for $400 total for all 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child). That was the cheapest I saw it. We had some OBC that we used towards it also so that helped as well. 

Would we go again if/when we go back? Absolutely! We loved Atlantis!!  

We're doing Aquaventure in August also.  We have been to Atlantis several times as a separate vacation, not associated with a cruise.  We love it and are excited to spend a day there while on the Navigator.  The "Current" is our favorite.  It is a "lazy" river on steroids.  We spend hours a day going around the 1 mile journey.  Hoping we get to stay until six PM as Kwevans mentions above as we are there until 9:00 also.  Definitely recommend it at least once!

1 hour ago, GA Cruiser said:

We're doing Aquaventure in August also.  We have been to Atlantis several times as a separate vacation, not associated with a cruise.  We love it and are excited to spend a day there while on the Navigator.  The "Current" is our favorite.  It is a "lazy" river on steroids.  We spend hours a day going around the 1 mile journey.  Hoping we get to stay until six PM as Kwevans mentions above as we are there until 9:00 also.  Definitely recommend it at least once!

Their "lazy" river was awesome!!!  Best ride of the day when we were there!

1 hour ago, GA Cruiser said:

Also, I should have stated... the last bus left Atlantis at 6:00. I'm sure we could have stayed longer if we wanted to find our own transportion. We were traveling with birth certificates so I didn't want to chance getting left behind! We left Atlantis at around 4:30 because honestly we were exhausted by then and had dinner reservations at 6:15. ? 

If you are comfortable taking your own transportation (taxi) to/from Atlantis, if you are interested in doing the waterpark you may want to look into getting a room at the Comfort Suites.  It will include up to 4 wristbands which will allow you to use the Atlantis waterpark.  Often the price of the hotel room ends up being less than the cost of four admissions to Atlantis.

https://www.comfortsuitespi.com

• 2 weeks later...