cruisers from Miami

Hi.

I'll be going on my first cruise out of Miami in October. I get back on a Friday and my flight isn't until 930 pm at Fort Lauderdale airport. So I know I will have some time to explore. Would you suggest renting a car for the day or to uber/lyft everywhere? I've heard the traffic is really bad in Miami just want to know what people who frequent Miami or who live there would do?

Thanks

Michael

Are you able to easily handle your luggage? I would get out of Miami via the Brightline train and take it North to Fort Lauderdale. Spend your day in Fort Lauderdale and when your ready to get to FLL it’s just an easy 5-10 min Uber ride away. Tons to do in Fort Lauderdale w/o the hassle of Miami. 

It depends what you want to do. If you want to explore a few different things then a rental car is probably going to be a better value. Avoid Miami traffic at rush hour as it can be pretty brutal sometimes and give yourself some time because they have a lot of construction and always confuses the GPS. There are also some excursions through Royal where they will keep your bags for you while you are on it as another option.

15 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Are you able to easily handle your luggage? I would get out of Miami via the Brightline train and take it North to Fort Lauderdale. Spend your day in Fort Lauderdale and when your ready to get to FLL it’s just an easy 5-10 min Uber ride away. Tons to do in Fort Lauderdale w/o the hassle of Miami. 

Yeah we'll both have a backpack and small carry on probably.

2 hours ago, LetsTryThisPlace said:

It depends what you want to do. If you want to explore a few different things then a rental car is probably going to be a better value. Avoid Miami traffic at rush hour as it can be pretty brutal sometimes and give yourself some time because they have a lot of construction and always confuses the GPS. There are also some excursions through Royal where they will keep your bags for you while you are on it as another option.

I was looking to do a fan boat tour and maybe stop somewhere for lunch after that.