Nassau - I don't want to beat to death - sorry!

Don Hudspeth

I did search back a few pages I promise!

Allure diverted and screwed up our itinerary. (Like a lot of folks! LOL) So we're headed to Nassau.

Just my wife and I ... looking for a nice beach to spend some time on...a drink or two and maybe restaurants nearby.  She likes to shop.

Not a fan of taxi's if I can avoid it.. don't mind walking if it's safe. I'm 60 so water parks not really my thing! 

Any Recommendations? I'm really open for anything you enjoyed.   If it's a casual way to spend the day and no hassle... I'm in!

I'm not that rich so Atlantis kinda scares me... LOL!

TIA

Don

You won't find many beatings on this message board.  Nice people here. ?

Nearby the British Colonial you'll also find the Straw Market, which is fun to walk through, there's a (free??) beach called Junkanoo Beach (but I've never been) and a little further down is the Jetline Simulator.  One of the coolest and most unique things to do in Nassau.   All within easy walking of the ship along the same strip.

• 3 months later...

Is it poor message board etiquette to comment on an old thread rather than start a new one? ?

I searched Nassau (you can imagine the number of results), and "things to do in Nassau"  and found a blog post that I couldn't comment on, ended up here. ?

Being docked for 13 hours in Nassau I plan to spend the majority of my day on the ship (nothing against Nassau, this is just a quick weekend getaway and trying to show to DH it's possible to do weekend getaways without breaking the bank, he isn't going this trip), but would like to grab a local meal in Nassau at some point during the day. If it were a beach day I'd go to the Hilton as you all recommend but plan to spend the  majority of the day on board, with the exception of a local meal.

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations for a local eatery in Nassau (can be breakfast lunch or dinner)? I am a big coffee drinker and would like something unique to Nassau, fun bars aren't a goal in this case. I'm most likely going solo if that affects the recommendation.

TIA

I haven't been to Nassau on a cruise, but my husband's friend from college lives there.  When my husband visited, they always went to the Poop Deck.  I haven't been in years, but the last time we visited, we also ate there-fun atmosphere, but I don't really remember whether the food was good or not-sorry.  The cocktails were!  And I do remember that the food was local.

3 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

I haven't been to Nassau on a cruise, but my husband's friend from college lives there.  When my husband visited, they always went to the Poop Deck.  I haven't been in years, but the last time we visited, we also ate there-fun atmosphere, but I don't really remember whether the food was good or not-sorry.  The cocktails were!  And I do remember that the food was local.

Well that's an unfortunate name for a restaurant ? Thanks for sharing the tip! Maybe I'll discover the story around the name while I'm there, surely there's a story.