Anthem - any hidden gem cabins?

PatsyX

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before -  just done a few searches and couldn't find anything - happy to take links to any relevant post though :-)

Im thinking of a relocation cruise on Anthem next year - are there any secret cabins to look at - like the corner aft cabins on Indie - 7708 or 7408?

Would love to hear your recommendations :-)

x

• PatsyX changed the title to Anthem - any hidden gem cabins?

We love 9510 - it's a spacious oceanview (no balcony), but it's a forward corner stateroom, so the room is well over 300 square feet.  It also has a table under the mirror that can be moved under the porthole if you want to play games in the stateroom - or enjoy dinner with a view!

11 hours ago, mrp4352 said:

We love 9510 - it's a spacious oceanview (no balcony), but it's a forward corner stateroom, so the room is well over 300 square feet.  It also has a table under the mirror that can be moved under the porthole if you want to play games in the stateroom - or enjoy dinner with a view!

Was the pole an issue? We’ve booked 10-510 for our 2020 Anthem cruise. 

In June we had inside stateroom 12217 for a 9N cruise.  You might not call it a hidden gem, but we were seriously surprised as to just how much storage there was.  We ended up with several empty draws!  That never happens to us.  Really - never.  In fact, we liked it so much we are doing another Anthem nside stateroom this October.

Joe - we liked it.  Second time we experienced the Virtual Balcony.  This time I couldn't seem to control it very well with the remote.  I couldn't get any sound this time like I could last time.  I am not sure if the sound has been disabled.  Also, I couldn't turn it on and off from the remote and I know RCCL frowns on you turning off the TV panel.  It looks to me that they really just want you to leave it on and not fuss with it.  So if you want complete darkness, the best you can do is pull the curtains as tight as you can.  On the positive side, it was nice to quickly see what the weather was outside and if we were in port yet.  Although we were on the port side, so the VB only showed us that side.  It would be cool to be able to toggle through all of the available camera feeds.  I did hear somewhere on the ship that the camera feeds were actually 4K (UHD), but the display panels are 2K (HD).  So maybe when the panels get replaced the picture quality will really be awesome.  Anyway, we enjoyed the VB more this time than our first experience.  Maybe our expectations were lower.  Either way, I would say all else equal, we would prefer the VB.

@YOLO, I haven't sailed in an inside cabin yet (only two cruises under my belt, one Balcony and one JS). But as I'm looking to try and start booking more cruises as the years go by, I'm seriously debating going to inside rooms and missing out on the balcony, much as I love it, if they have the VB equipped and the price difference from Inside to real Balcony room is more than about a hundred bucks pp.

My upcoming Anthem sailing is in a regular balcony (last sailing was the JS), and especially now as sail date draws near the balcony rooms are actually less than the inside cabins, simply because Anthem has so darn many balcony rooms that they can price them very low compared to other ships with less inventory. Even before that, the price gap was under $200 pp to go from inside to 4D balcony, so it was worth it to me. Long as the economics continue to work in my favor that way then I'll stick with the real thing. But if it ever changes, or I do one of those 11- or 12-night winter sailings where use of the balcony space becomes limited due to the weather the first and last couple of days, a VB interior room will make a heck of a lot more sense. Same number of C&A points for decently less money.

@JLMoran  Agreed - the deal needs to work for you.  We came off Anthem in June and couldn't resist re-booking.  For the inside I got the price at $90 per person per day.  It was the only way for us to afford a second 9N this year.  You got me wondering, so I just re-checked the prices for my sailing.  They have gone up quite a bit for an inside.  Crazy, but now the balcony is $421 pp more than what an inside is running.  I am now 3 months out, so maybe this will all change.  Still, I'm glad I YOLO booked when I did.  

The first time we cruised on the Anthem in an inside room I thought the virtual balcony would just be a gimmick, but was really surprised to find it was nice to have and (kind of) made you feel like you had a balcony. So maybe a useful gimmick.

We were told that the camera view you had was the view on the actual side of the ship you were on and that it faced because if the motion of the ship did not match the view on the screen that people would get motion sickness. No idea if this is true.

27 minutes ago, cookingyo said:

The Spa Jr. suites are really great for 2 people.  The split bathroom, along with the secluded hump balconies make it a win.

Can definitely vouch for this, as that's what I sailed last October. Getting one on Deck 7 puts you nice and central on the ship with a view of the ocean that still feels reasonably close. Wish I could afford another, but alas! Not this year!

I had to settle for the regular hump balcony two cabins down the hall! ?

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Can definitely vouch for this, as that's what I sailed last October. Getting one on Deck 7 puts you nice and central on the ship with a view of the ocean that still feels reasonably close. Wish I could afford another, but alas! Not this year!

I had to settle for the regular hump balcony two cabins down the hall! ?

I’m really glad to hear this as it’s exactly what my mom and I have for our Anthem girls trip. #7636. Now I’m EXTRA excited!