Hotel 2 hours from Ft. Lauderdale port with parking and shuttle?

I'm looking into a cruise sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.  I'll be driving down from SC the day before I sail and looking for hotel about 2 hours north of the port. I'm looking for parking and shuttle to cruise port also. Any recommendations?

Last cruise, I stayed at Hampton Inn near Orlando airport and used their park and shuttle package through Go Port Canaveral/beach line parking and was very pleased.

Is 2 hours north of Ft. Lauderdale too far to find a combo package like this?

8 minutes ago, plasticmaster said:

looking for hotel about 2 hours north of the port.

Two hours north of Ft Lauderdale is likely around Vero Beach or the Port St Lucie area. In these situations, I rely on Priceline and limit myself to 4 or 5 star hotels (perhaps 3.5 stars if the situation warrants).

9 minutes ago, plasticmaster said:

I highly doubt any hotel 2 hours north of Ft Lauderdale offers a shuttle to the port. I could be totally wrong, but I would be quite surprised.

6 minutes ago, LetsTryThisPlace said:

Do you need to be 2 hours out from Ft Lauderdale? There are some decent hotels in or around Ft Lauderdale that have shuttles to the port and some include parking too. 2 hours is a bit far honestly.

I have family obligations the day before cruise and don't want to make the entire drive from SC to Fort lauderdale after leaving home later in the day.  If I could save a couple hours of driving for morning of cruise, that would be better.

I don't think there's any way that a 2-Hour shuttle service would be included with any hotel in that area of Florida. You would most likely need to hire some sort of car service, if available for that sort of distance.

Orlando is a different situation entirely when it comes tourist transportation services that reach out well beyond the immediate area. It really is the exception rather than the norm.

13 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:
22 minutes ago, SPS said:

Are you volunteering to drive @plasticmaster to the port? :6_smile:

Sure. 

Only on Sat or Sun and he only gets 1 bag that will fit on my bike.

6 minutes ago, plasticmaster said:

I'll probably end up staying overnight near Ft. Pierce and then drive remainder on morning of sailing. I found some park and shuttle deals near the port.

I guess your offer is being turned down, @Jolly Ogre . :6_smile:

6 hours ago, plasticmaster said:

I'm looking into a cruise sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.  I'll be driving down from SC the day before I sail and looking for hotel about 2 hours north of the port. I'm looking for parking and shuttle to cruise port also. Any recommendations?

Last cruise, I stayed at Hampton Inn near Orlando airport and used their park and shuttle package through Go Port Canaveral/beach line parking and was very pleased.

I am guessing there will be shuttle services available but that will be an expensive option. Are you staying 2 hours North for a reason? If Orlando is necessary can you leave 2 days early and stay in Orlando the first night and then head South? This will be a grueling venture the am of your cruise IMHO. 

We live north of Greenville, SC and have driven as far as Fort Pierce and the hotels are less money (It was $100 last October, I can't remember where we stayed but it was clean and comfortable).   Because we are meeting my son and his family this time and they are flying in,  we are staying in Fort Lauderdale at $200 per room.  We are leaving our car with Park N Fly ($123 for 7 days)  We watch them come and pick up people for 1.5 hour the last time while we waited for our parking company to come and get us. 

Have fun!