If you have the UBP and another doesn't....

Remy323

You'll have to BUY the drink for another person with the credit card linked to your Sea Pass.

YOUR deluxe beverage package that YOU purchased for YOURSELF is only for YOUR drinks. Royal very much frowns on the people attempting to "piggyback" drink packages.

People trying to get drinks for others with one drink package is exactly why Royal Caribbean now requires that everyone of drinking age in a stateroom purchases a beverage package instead of just one guest. It's a now closed loophole that was undoubtedly being abused.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Order the drinks and the bartender will let you know that you can only get one at a time..that's when you tell them that you're paying out of pocket for the extra drinks.  All you have to do is let them know when ordering and there's no issue with it.

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, SPS said:

You'll have to BUY the drink for another person with the credit card linked to your Sea Pass.

YOUR deluxe beverage package that YOU purchased for YOURSELF is only for YOUR drinks. Royal very much frowns on the people attempting to "piggyback" drink packages.

People trying to get drinks for others with one drink package is exactly why Royal Caribbean now requires that everyone of drinking age in a stateroom purchases a beverage package instead of just one guest. It's a now closed loophole that was undoubtedly being abused.

I'm not trying to get around the rule, which I am well aware of, but trying to HONESTLY figure out how to comply with it.

25 minutes ago, Remy323 said:

I'm not trying to get around the rule, which I am well aware of, but trying to HONESTLY figure out how to comply with it.

Just tell the bartender that your drink goes on the package and the rest get billed to your account.

So basically you will be paying cash for your friends drinks (Just charged to your account).

26 minutes ago, Remy323 said:

Ah, I see. You know, Royal must do awfully good business with the DBP, because, it actually seems like I see less and less people signing individual drink receipts instead of just getting their Sea Pass card returned to them by the bartender.

But, I think the other posters are correct, just tell the bartender about the additional drinks and they'll charge your account.

I know I've witnessed bartenders getting confused when you try to pay for a drink out of pocket with a card that has the DX package.  They will definitely understand when you're trying to order more than one drink at a time but if you're going up to grab a single drink for your friend make sure you tell them you're purchasing it for someone else so they don't try to put it on your package and then get upset when you give it to someone else.  

3 hours ago, Remy323 said:

….how can you buy them a drink?  

There are people in my party who have the UBP and those that don't.  Is it still possible for those of us who have the UBP to "put a round" on our sea pass cards?  Some other method? 

Great answers by others, but save this for down the road:  When you reach Diamond, you will have three "drink vouchers" on your Sea Pass for Happy Hour, so you will be able to get a free drink or two for yourself and another for your guest who may not be Diamond-eligible.  And you may re-think the unlimited drinks if you mostly drink around meal times....spending the $$ instead on unlimited dining...

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Just tell the bartender that your drink goes on the package and the rest get billed to your account.

So basically you will be paying cash for your friends drinks (Just charged to your account).

I figured something likes this but hadn't seen this question addressed anywhere so I thought I would ask it.  

Appreciate everyone's responses!