MR. Sanchos crowd issues

Clay Purvis

It looks like the day we are in port at Cozumel, Nov 27th, there are six ships there that day.  I am considering either Mr. Sanchos because it looks like it has more for my teens to do, or Nachi Cocom because I am partial to less crowds. How much of an impact will six ships even have? I see there are days with way more then that looking at cruisemapper.com. With six ships in port will Mr. Sanchos be tolerable or overcrowded? 

This would depend upon your tolerance for crowds.  We did Mr. Sanchos in 2017 when there were at least 5 other ships in, I thought it was too crowded but a lot of people love Mr. Sanchos.  They have plenty of room there but they definitely stack the people in.  Pros, lots of activities for teens and a nice sandy beach, plenty of loungers were available but most were not in the shade.  We will be in Cozumel in September and will be going to the Occidental through Resort for a Day,  but we are looking for a nice relaxing beach day. ?

We’ve been to Mr. Sancho’s twice. I don’t remember exactly how many ship there were in port, but it’s typically a bunch. We’ve always left the ship early and got great seating on the beach. We do the all inclusive side which always seemed less crowded. We don’t like a ton of people and we never felt that way. 

• 5 weeks later...

We were at Nachi back in April..... there were 6 ships in port, and we were the last ship to arrive.  That reason alone is why we booked Nachi.  We knew, with the limited number of guests they will allow, and the fact that we were the last to arrive, it was a "no-brainer".

As for the resort, loved it...... so peaceful, there were no issues getting loungers under a palapa.

It was about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port.....The rates are set and are on a sign at the taxi stand.

10 hours ago, coneyraven said:

We were at Nachi back in April..... there were 6 ships in port, and we were the last ship to arrive.  That reason alone is why we booked Nachi.  We knew, with the limited number of guests they will allow, and the fact that we were the last to arrive, it was a "no-brainer".

As for the resort, loved it...... so peaceful, there were no issues getting loungers under a palapa.

It was about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port.....The rates are set and are on a sign at the taxi stand.

Mr. Sanchos limits the number of guests as well do they not? We tried to book it for our last cruise but they were maxed out and would not accept more reservations.