First Timers - Navigator of the Seas

Hi all - please help!

i have been reading lots of the forum advice on here but still really have no idea what to expect,

We’ve now booked drinks packages and internet. We’re a family of four and the boys wanted to come with us, ages 18 and 20!

We’re sailing from Miami to do do the four nights Bahamas and CocoCay cruise.

Will we need smart clothes to eat in the main dining room - shirts/smart shorts? Trainers ok?

What are your recommendations please for us to do? I’ve just read somewhere that shows have to be booked? Do they appear after I have checked in? Or do we not have any?

Sorry for so many questions ... starting to panic a little!

Congrats on your upcoming cruise - and welcome to the boards!!

There are no shows that need to be (or even offer) pre-booking on Navigator - they will not be in your cruise planner, just show up.  Dress code for the MDR is really quite variable, you will see people dressing up (smart casual), even formal (for Dress Your Best night) , and even shorts and t-shirts.  Don't stress about it - the short 3 and 4-night cruises are a bit more casual and nobody really gets freaked about clothing. I can't comment on trainers (no idea what they are).  DON'T PANIC!!  You're going to have a FABULOUS time - don't overthink it - you're in good hands here!  

7 hours ago, KodaFan18 said:

Will we need smart clothes to eat in the main dining room - shirts/smart shorts? Trainers ok?

For guys, khakis/jeans and a polo shirt are totally good in the MDR.

7 hours ago, KodaFan18 said:

What are your recommendations please for us to do? I’ve just read somewhere that shows have to be booked?

You cannot prebook entertainment on navigator of the seas, so nothing to do on your part.

Navigator wins the award for best Public Washroom at Sea!.  Make sure (those who qualify) visit the male public washroom on Deck 11 aft.  The view is stunning from the place where you "do what you do".

I have seen pictures on the InterWeb, but I can not find them ... it seems to be an experience that needs you to be there.

?

Curt from Canada

4 hours ago, Matt said:

For guys, khakis/jeans and a polo shirt are totally good in the MDR.

You cannot prebook entertainment on navigator of the seas, so nothing to do on your part.

Thanks for this - I thought I was missing the link to the entertainment ?. I’ll let the boys pack their black jeans rather than their smart trousers now too.

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Congrats on your upcoming cruise - and welcome to the boards!!

There are no shows that need to be (or even offer) pre-booking on Navigator - they will not be in your cruise planner, just show up.  Dress code for the MDR is really quite variable, you will see people dressing up (smart casual), even formal (for Dress Your Best night) , and even shorts and t-shirts.  Don't stress about it - the short 3 and 4-night cruises are a bit more casual and nobody really gets freaked about clothing. I can't comment on trainers (no idea what they are).  DON'T PANIC!!  You're going to have a FABULOUS time - don't overthink it - you're in good hands here!  

Thank you - this is our first cruise but we are hoping that we will love it so will be the first of many. I guess we will find out pretty soon!

I think you call trainers - sneakers?, and thank you so much for reassuring me - it’s always a bit tricky when you are cruise virgins!

4 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

Navigator wins the award for best Public Washroom at Sea!.  Make sure (those who qualify) visit the male public washroom on Deck 11 aft.  The view is stunning from the place where you "do what you do".

I have seen pictures on the InterWeb, but I can not find them ... it seems to be an experience that needs you to be there.

?

Curt from Canada

Will send other half to Deck 11 and will let you know - thanks.

Any other tips are very welcome. ?