Last minute cruises

BeckyH

They don't do cruises for the next day because of documents needing to be submitted. But I have purchased within the 90 day mark and got really good deals. Royal does offer good deals but not sure if there is a way to track directly. I normally sign up with third party sites and go with them because sometimes i can get extra perks. But even if booking direct if they go down royal most likely went down too.

18 hours ago, BeckyH said:

Is there any type of list you can join to be contacted...like the day before...when a ship is set to sail with empty cabins and sail cheap?

Nope. First and foremost, the cruise lines must provide a passenger manifest to the Federal government to vet the list a couple days before the cruise.

But the reality is ships sail full quite regularly, and last minute deals really aren't a thing anymore.

If you want to truly great deals, your best bet is to book very early on (12, 18, 24 months in advance) to lock in the lowest prices.

19 hours ago, BeckyH said:

I live near Houston and am retired.  Is there any type of list you can join to be contacted...like the day before...when a ship is set to sail with empty cabins and sail cheap?  I would only need a few hours notice.  Thanks in advance

I would look also for the "off-season", which Matt mentions in his videos.  Those sailings may not be sold out, so there is more likely to be a 'sale" price.  I have noticed that Galveston is a little cheaper than Port Canaveral, so some of your savings may already be "baked in".    The Crown & Anchor Society and the RCCL website both provide information on special deals, but only you can judge if they are special enough.  From my perspective, anytime the posted price is less than $100 per night for an inside stateroom (less than $700 for a 7 night cruise), you are getting a good value.That is, the value of the room, food, entertainment, port calls, and other amenities will be less than a standard hotel/resort vacation.  Just my opinion.  Hope you are able to find a great cruise that meets your needs!

The closest we have ever booked was three days out.  As mentioned, it was an off season so that helps.   We are just over an hour from the port so the logistics work out.  We asked, and the rep said the reservation really has to be done 24 hours before the cruise to facilitate the manifest paperwork.  If you want to cruise in those last few days you have to do the research.  Not only that but if you are doing it in the last few days you will likely have to call and speak to someone directly.  

16 hours ago, AJK said:

Vacations to Go has a 90 day ticker that updates when prices drop. You might want to give that a look.

This is where I have found the best deals to be honest.....if I lived closer or somewhere cheaper I could cruise 20 times a year probably with the deals you can find here...

There are some good deals for sure..not 1 day before but within the 90 day time frame or if your flexible within a 30 day window or less.....