Hotel for Cape Liberty

Jan B

Think a lot depends on what you want to be near. The port itself doesn't have any lodging near by, exception might be an Airbnb type listing.

Most recently I stayed at the Residence Inn in Elizabeth near the Newark airport. Back in 2017 stayed at the Doubletree Inn and Suites in Jersey City.

Personally if I had to pick between the two I'd probably opt for the Doubletree/Jersey City. Main reason is I felt Jersey City had more to offer within the area and public transportation to New York City seemed to be a lot more easier to figure out. At the Residence Inn/Elizabeth only thing that was really close by was a mall. Public transportation/rail to New York City required either taking a shuttle to Newark airport, bus, or other vehicular transport to a rail station. In Jersey City access to rail was a quick walk.

Note: The term "rail" was used to represent either PATH or other types of train and light rail service in NJ.

We stayed at the Newark airport Doubletree for one night pre-departure.  Our plane got in later (7:30) so we just needed the lodging and access to lobby dinner that night.  It was a good rate and a good place, but it was not close to anything.  If you want to explore a little then the other options probably make more sense.  They have an airport shuttle, so the only Uber expense was to the port and it was about $22 with tip at 10:40 AM.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:46 PM, fonemanbob said:

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in Sept. Before our Anthem cruise.  Shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the pier.  Can`t be any easier than that.  

Which Embassy Suites?

We have a few cruises booked out of here over the next year and are trying a couple of hotels, all by the airport.  We are coming from Western PA and not interested in seeing NYC.  We are trying Home2 which is a Hilton hotel.