Best time to purchase Spa Treatments

chadnipp

Was wondering your alls experience with royals spa treatments and when you find is the best time to snatch up a spa treatment. Weither it be a masage or acupuncture or whatever the case may be. When before, during or towards the end of the cruise to find the best deals available for whatever spa treatment you want.  Thinking about getting something special for my wife when we cruise next month and want the best deal for it.

Port days are the best, no question about it.  On days when the ship is docked somewhere, there's usually best deals but they are offered only on that day.  

I don't think there's any financial benefit to booking a spa appointment before your cruise.  The only real reason to book in advance is if you absolutely, positively want a particular service done at a day and time you are aware of.  And of course you get to to break up the cost of your cruise.

If I were you, I'd wait until your cruise.  Be sure to take the spa tour on embarkation day.

I didn't know they offered a spa tour. I'll try that. See what they offer. Thanks.

The tour is offered on embarkation day and there is a raffle held later that day for those that took the tour to win stuff.  I like to take the tour to see the facilities and the raffle is something to do if you don't have something else going on.

You may find this article I wrote about the spa useful too: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2011/08/01/cruising-101-spa

One thing I found trying to book a spa appointment this past summer was that the appointments were not all listed. Very limited availability but didn't seem true on board. It seemed like the pre cruise booking process was steering you to certain times. We decided to just wait and book on board. Matt that was a great tip that you said to ask for the sheet(s) for the week that of all the daily specials. I never realized that they would give them all out in advance.

One thing I found trying to book a spa appointment this past summer was that the appointments were not all listed. Very limited availability but didn't seem true on board. It seemed like the pre cruise booking process was steering you to certain times. We decided to just wait and book on board. Matt that was a great tip that you said to ask for the sheet(s) for the week that of all the daily specials. I never realized that they would give them all out in advance.

I agree, what you see online is not the entire inventory of services and/or times.  Same for specialty restaurants.  Can't tell you how many times I've found little to no availability for restaurants online but once onboard the ship, plenty of times to choose from.