Duckies??

What is the deal with the hiding little duckies around on the ship?  I am assuming that this is similar to the painted rock hiding craze that hit my community last summer (where people paint stones and leave them in the parks and all around the community for others to find ..just for fun...??)   

My Sisters are going to do this and put a little sticker for our group on it.

They are so excited.

I'm like, "Okay."

I'll hide a duck if they ask me.

But.... ?

Better are my Sneaky Cards. You know I'll be bringing some of those along! When you buy a deck, you can create an account and track any cards you give out as they each have a unique number on the bottom. There is one that if found the person has to take it and hide it somewhere else (so it's kind of like the ducks, I suppose). I take these to conferences and when I travel. They are also fun to do with kids as some of them are acts of kindness and others are just silly fun (like leaving one at a monument you visit, etc)

A-1.pngA-29.png

Yes, I took Ducks for the first time on the July 4th Anthem group cruise to hide, it was a way to put a smile on some little ones faces or maybe even made an adult smile if they found one. I did sort of make sure that some of my ducks found their way to some of the kids in our group lol but it was fun and made them happy. I’m not sure I’ll do it on every cruise but glad I took them on this one ? Mrs Tiny260 

There is a Facebook group called “cruising ducks-original group” that you can join and it’s all about the cruising ducks trend. Some people go all out on these things. 

People create little passports etc that they attach to them, there are guidelines on where to hide them etc. it looks like it could be fun.

6 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

There is a Facebook group called “cruising ducks-original group” that you can join and it’s all about the cruising ducks trend. Some people go all out on these things. 

People create little passports etc that they attach to them, there are guidelines on where to hide them etc. it looks like it could be fun.

Yes, that’s the group on FB that I follow 

1 hour ago, LetsTryThisPlace said:

This is a cool idea. But I have to ask, what happens when the staff find them while cleaning? I would be interested in leaving some on our next cruise though.

I thought the same thing but apparently this cruising ducks thing is pretty big, staff are aware and typically leave them there.  

Someone posted on the Cruising Ducks fb page, that she encountered a staff member who likes to play and gets excited to find them.  The staff member is collecting them for themselves and had found six over time originating from all different states.  I think that is sweet....it gives them a little happiness too.

I have 12 scurvy pirate ducks that will be sailing with us on Navigator & Allure next month.  My lil guy is excited to hide ours and look for some himself. 

On 7/28/2019 at 11:19 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've never heard of hiding ducks.  I'm waaay out of the loop on this one.

Anyone have a picture ?  Are they all the same or will any duck do ?  Duck do...duck do....duck do

There's a HUGE Facebook Group called Cruising Ducks.  We love hiding them....... we took a couple dozen with us back in April to hide on Brilliance.