I've been diagnosed with PCE

I was just diagnosed with PCE.. as of right now I’m unable to travel. The doctor said it may get better in the next 43 days, I have a follow up appointment on September 8th with Doctor HOTS . please help me through these trying times.. Pre Cruise Excitement is a disease lol 1f609.png

• RickinSTL changed the title to I've been diagnosed with PCE

I'm recommending a prescription of 1 part Kraken to 3 parts ginger beer (Perfect Storm). Take every one to two hours as needed until PCE symptoms subside, followed by further doses as / if symptoms return. Be sure not to take excessive amounts of Perfect Storm, as this could lead to UCM (unintended cruise miss), which in turn would cause your PCE to worsen into MCD (Missed Cruise Depression).

2 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

I was just diagnosed with PCE.. as of right now I’m unable to travel. The doctor said it may get better in the next 43 days, I have a follow up appointment on September 8th with Doctor HOTS . please help me through these trying times.. Pre Cruise Excitement is a disease lol 1f609.png

Entonces, hasta Septiembre!  I am also counting the days until the 8th, but there is only so many times I can re-read old cruise compasses to optimize our calendar/schedule, which will inevitably change on the ship.

3 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

Oh that is classic, very clever. We sail Anthem Sept 21 and we are really have PCE. Talking about it everyday. The only thing that sucks is PCD, post cruise depression. ?

3 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

Good news is that PCE is not fatal and typically spontaneously resolves.  Remedies such as that suggested by @JLMoran are sometimes effective in treating the symptoms but really do nothing to address the fundamental cause of the ailment.  Currently, there is no cure for PCE, but those afflicted can still lead a productive life with appropriate group counseling and some physical therapy to address any contusions that arise from pounding on the floor with your fists screaming "there's still 42 (or how ever many) days before embarkation".  Hang in there; and pay no attention to the naysayers who might say "Oh geez, is that a tropical storm forming in the Eastern Atlantic?".  

On 7/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, RickinSTL said:

On 7/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh that is classic, very clever. We sail Anthem Sept 21 and we are really have PCE. Talking about it everyday. The only thing that sucks is PCD, post cruise depression. ?

On the same sailing with a few friends, we get together often and continually discuss it - ugh lol. Our next booked cruise isn't until December 2020, talk about MAJOR PCD! We will be booking something in-between for sure!

On 7/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, GatorCruiser said:

...All I do is research that boat which is how I occupy time till then

SAME! So glad I found this site and that others are as preoccupied with their future sail dates as I am ? I am considering changing my mindset from  "BUY/BOOK <upgrade room/extra excursion/over the top decorations/etc>, you only live once" to "hmmm if I scale back the unnecessary costs on this cruise I can justify booking another while on board"  That may be the way I go!