Deluxe Beverage Package

The Deluxe Beverage Package states buy 2 get 50% off.  This is on their website.  I bought 3, but did not get 50% off the 2nd package.  They say the discount is 25% off each package.  Since I purchased 3 We notice they are all the same price.  We did not receive any benefit by purchasing the 2nd.  The two individual packages are the same cost as the 3rd package.  We brought this up to Customer Service, they will not budge  We cannot tell if they understand our position .  Their position never changes and they keep repeating they are all 25% off.  Why advertise  something that is not true?  We feel it is false advertising.  It doesn't matter if you buy one or 5, they are all the same individual price.   No price break for purchasing 2.  Anyone have a similar issue?

Thank you

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is the way RC works the cruise planner sales.  The website sale is  a % off the onboard price and they use creative advertising to say BOGO 50% off.  The price you see advertised is the "sale" price for each person and is shown in the fine print.   You are NOT purchasing a $52 drink package and getting the second for $26 (prices are an example as they vary by ship and sailing) but the sale price assumes the 25% discount from the onboard price.

So it says *price reflected includes the discount* -and the "discount" is off the onboard price (what you would pay if you waited to purchase it on board) - so they are showing you the price you will actually pay for each package (i.e. it's not pay $65 for the first, $32.50 for the 2nd, it's pay $48.75 for each package) . It's not further discounted off the price your seeing (and it does very clearly state "price reflected includes the discount"). Additionally, you will have to pay the 18% gratuity at the time of purchase, which can make it look like your discount went away. 

The prices on Oasis class ships are higher than other ships.  I guess I have a hard time having people understand when reading the price, it says DISCOUNT IS ALREADY APPLIED  or words to that effect.  The cruise line uses the onboard price, as you could pay whatever the going rate is onboard and it's usually higher, so the discount applies to that.  I know the price onboard can vary depending upon how well the sales are going.

OP if the price were the 50% BOGO off the onboard price and RC didn't discount each person 25% which is what the discount amounts to if you take the time to figure it out, you would be paying the same for 2 people as it comes up on the pricing, but the 3rd person would pay the full rate because there is no 2nd person to discount.  Think about it and you can see that even though the price is high, and may not be for you, it's not false advertising, bait and switch or whatever you choose to call it.

I think it is fair to have the discount of 25% per person work as for those who purchase it for one can benefit as well as 3 people who would  have the 3rd person pay more.  Not everything about the cruise line is out to get you.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:40 PM, TeriCruiser said:

The Deluxe Beverage Package states buy 2 get 50% off.  This is on their website.  I bought 3, but did not get 50% off the 2nd package.  They say the discount is 25% off each package.  Since I purchased 3 We notice they are all the same price.  We did not receive any benefit by purchasing the 2nd.  The two individual packages are the same cost as the 3rd package.  We brought this up to Customer Service, they will not budge  We cannot tell if they understand our position .  Their position never changes and they keep repeating they are all 25% off.  Why advertise  something that is not true?  We feel it is false advertising.  It doesn't matter if you buy one or 5, they are all the same individual price.   No price break for purchasing 2.  Anyone have a similar issue?

Thank you

I had the same issue but when I called the rep explained it like this.....buy one at $70 regular price get one at $35 divided by two is the $52 pp price or take $70 - the 25% off each = same $52 each.  The screen showed $52 which was the discounted price per person.....Clear as mud?